The consequences of genre: Narrative, lyric, and dramatic intelligibility
Tags: NARRATION (Rhetoric)
- Expanding norms for narration. Johnson, Cynthia J. // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p326
Prepares for the collection of a comprehensive set of norms for later narrative development. Purposes and uses for norms of narration; Review of the information that exists for later narrative development; Factors that make the expansion of norms problematic; Factors to consider in...
- In Capua. // America;11/27/1909, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p168
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of going around Capua in Italy.
- New baby makes Clara Jo great-great-great. Davis, Clara Jo // Malakoff News (TX);8/10/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 32, p4A
The author narrates the activities and events involving her kins in Malakoff, Texas.
- Discourse analysis and the interpretation of literary narrative. Tolliver, Joyce // Style;Summer90, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p266
Presents a discourse analysis and the interpretation of literary narratives. Applications of sentence-level linguistic models; Direct applications of studies from linguistics; Provision for a more precise consideration of sociocultural and historical factors; Aspects of discourse analysis.
- Narratology: Status and outlook. Hamon, Philippe // Style;Fall92, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p362
Looks at the status of narratology and its future. Trends in literature; Successive points that can be used to audit narratology; Evolution of narratology; Vulgarization as an effect or consequence of for spreading a theory.
- The modes of narrativity and their visual metaphors. Ryan, Marie-Laure // Style;Fall92, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p368
Examines the modes of narrativity or the various ways in which narrative structures are realized in texts. Nature of narrativity; Principles proposed as basic conditions for narrativity; List of candidates for the modes of narrativity; Similarity of the modes of narrativity to a type of picture...
- Windows of focalization: Deconstruction and reconstructing a narratological concept. Jan, Manfred // Style;Summer96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p241
Discusses the focalization theory in narration. Different approaches of narratologists; Deconstruction of Gerard Genette's theory of focalization; Framework and key concepts of focalization.
- Leamington Spa. // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2007, Issue 5559, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience visiting stores to check its service at Leamington Spa, Warwick, England.
- My Other September 11. Hicks, Patrick // World & I;Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses the author's experience of having his own September 11 in Barcelona, Spain.