Trimaran warships are on the horizon
- Taking a bow. // Professional Engineering;03/22/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on Vosper Thornycroft's completion of the structure of a Trimaran warship demonstrator being built for Great Britain's Defence Evaluation and Research Agency. Weight of the upper bow section; Utilization of advanced manufacturing methods such as plasma cutting.
- U.K. Navy Carrier Program is a Go. // Sea Power;Jul2008, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p49
The article reports on the agreement between defense companies BAE Systems PLC and VT Group PLC to form a joint venture called BVT Surface Fleet, which will combine both companies' warship building and support operations in Great Britain. It notes that the deal comes on the verge of the Ministry...
- Three hulls for one warship. // Popular Mechanics;Feb96, Vol. 173 Issue 2, p26
States that the British Navy is considering the purchase of a triple hulled trimaran warship. Advantages of warship; Design of a trimaran corvette by Vosper Thornycraft.
- Warship takes stealth to next level. // Machine Design;02/20/97, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p35
Features the Sea Wraith Stealth Corvette, a ship designed for patrol by Vosper Thornycroft. Shape and design of the ship; Facilities of the ship; Capabilities of the ship to minimize radar reflections.
- Powerboat goes for the record. // Design Engineering;Mar1998, p5
Presents the Cable & Wireless, the first monohull powerboat set out to circumnavigate the globe built by Vosper Thornycroft company. Features of boats design; Engines that powered Cable & Wireless.
- News. // Professional Engineering;10/01/97, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p9
Features the Sea Wraith II stealth warship launched by Vosper Thornycroft. Length; Design features; Weapons.
- MIRABELLA V LAUNCHES. Caswell, Chris; Quinlan, Erin // Yachting;Jun2004, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p26
Features Mirabella V, the largest single-mastered yacht in the world from VT Shipbuilding.
- Three hulls are better than one. // Professional Engineering;06/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p18
Describes a design for a trimaran aircraft carrier by the naval architecture group at University College in London, England. Benefits of design over traditional monohull vessels; Plan by British Ministry of Defense to test viability of three-hulled design.
- Vosper ties up Greek contract. // Professional Engineering;12/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p7
Reports on talks regarding a tie up between shipbuilder Vosper Thornycroft and the Greek Navy for the Greek Fast Attack shipbuilding project. Services to be provided by Vosper if the deal will be completed before Christmas 1999.