Multistate outbreak of viral gastroenteritis associated with consumption of oysters-Apalachicola
- Cyclospora outbreak in US. Charatan, Fred B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/13/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7049, p71
Reports on an outbreak of cyclospora gastroenteritis in the United States. Locations of the outbreak; Incubation period between infection and the onset of symptoms; Association of strawberries and raspberries to the outbreak; Case control study on the outbreak.
- Foodborne outbreak of cryptosporidiosis--Spokane, Washington, 1997. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;7/17/1998, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p565
Focuses on an outbreak of acute gastroenteritis among persons who attended a dinner banque on December 18, 1997, catered by a restaurant in Spokane, Washington, which was reported by the Spokane Regional Health District on December 29, 1997. Incubation period of the illness; Type of food served...
- STUMPED IN STEUBENVILLE. Roueche, Berton // Saturday Evening Post;Nov84, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p28
Reports on the cases of gastric poisoning that happened in Steubenville, Ohio. Symptoms exhibited by the people affected by gastric poisoning; Characteristics of gastroenteritis; Possible causes and sources of the outbreak.
- Tenderness signals infection. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p158
Provides information on viral gastroenteritis. Presentation of disease with more diffuse or more localized abdominal discomfort.
- Seasonal gastroenteritis strikes area. ZACK, JEANNE // West County Journal;1/23/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, pB2
The article offers information on the causes, symptoms, treatment and preventive measures of seasonal viral gastroenteritis.
- American Academy of Pediatrics develops guidelines for... // American Family Physician;10/1/96, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1796
Reports on the guidelines for acute gastroenteritis in young children, developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Information on three specific management issues that were reviewed; Information on oral rehydration therapy; How oral rehydration therapy works; Other methods of treatment;...
- Routing use of rotavirus vaccine. Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;05/01/98, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p2269
States that the vaccine developed to prevent rotavirus gastroenteritis for routine use in all full-term infants will be recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Indication that the vaccine is awaiting the approval of the United States Food and Drug Administration...
- Bigger Than a Bellyache. Lew, Kristi // Current Health 2;Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p15
The article presents information related to appendicitis.
- Identification of a Distinct Common Strain of 'Norwalk-like Viruses' Having a Global Distribution. Noel, J.S.; Fankhauser, R.L.; Ando, T.; Monroe, S.S.; Glass, R.I. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;6/1/99, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p1334
Characterizes a common strain of 'norwalk-like viruses' which caused outbreaks of gastroenteritis in the United States between August 1993 and July 1997. Actual number of amino acid or nucleotide substitutions of selected norwalk-like viruses; Global distribution of such type of viral strain.