Law of nature
- The Endangered Species Act: the fountain darter teaches what the snail darter failed to teach Albritton, Eric M. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1994, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1007
No abstract available.
- The road to recovery: a new way of thinking about the Endangered Species Act Cheever, Federico // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Endangered species bill. Barlas, S. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p6
Describes the changes proposed in the endangered species reform bill in the United States. Emergency repairs that may be done by gas pipelines in endangered species areas.
- House rejects bill to soften Endangered Species Act. // American Nurseryman;07/01/97, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the House's rejection of HR 478 that would relax the Endangered Species Act in the United States. Representatives Richard Pombo and Wally Herger's reason for sponsoring the bill; Arguments of the opponents of the bill.
- Is the Endangered Species Act working? // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p46
Presents opposing views on the Endangered Species Act in the U.S.
- The Clinton Administration. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 70, p2
Reports on the proposals for changes in the Endangered Species Act by the Clinton Administration. Reasons for the proposed changes; Details of the changes proposed.
- The northwest's showsown: Murrelets vs. millworkers. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p1
Discusses the likely amendments of the Endangered Species Act. Relationship between damage to biological diversity and human activities; Problems for the agencies dealing with protecting endangered species.
- Endangered Species Act: Finding a better balance. Mann, Charles C.; Plummer, Mark L. // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 171, p19
Opinion. Comments on the decision of US Congress to enforce a bill regarding the Endangered Species Act. Criticism and arguments regarding the law.
- Species Act survives challenge-for now. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;2/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 60, p3
Confirms that the Endangered Species Act received support when the United States Supreme Court decided to uphold a lower court ruling that protected an endangered seabird at the expense of logging interests. Implications of decision to lumber companies; What worries companies that own large...
- The triumph of the blind Texas salamander and other tales from the Endangered Species Act. Babbitt, Bruce // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p54
Presents an excerpt from US Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt's speech before the Society of Environmental Journalists at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina in October 1993. Success of the Endangered Species Act; Implications of proposed raid on the public treasury; Courts' recognition...