Bullies--a growing problem
- Anti-bullying program presented to students at Petrova school. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 217, p1
The article reports on the move of Box Out Productions to present the "Box Out Bullying" program to students at Petrova Elementary School and Saranac Lake Middle School in New York.
- Program reduced gossip in schools. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses a research study which showed that participation in a three-month anti-bullying program, Steps to Respect, has reduced malicious gossip amongst third- to sixth-grade students at six elementary schools in the Pacific Northwest.
- From the Editors. Bryant, Donna; Odom, Samuel L.; Maxwell, Kelly L. // Social Policy Report;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss a study on the school policies that are intended to reduce bullying to LGB teenage students by Stephen Russell and colleagues, the nature of research with LGBTQ youth by Ian Rivers, and the need to respect differences by...
- Right-Wing Anti-Bullying Model A Tool For Bullies. PROXMIRE, CRYSTAL A. // Between the Lines (10807551);11/1/2012, Issue 2044, p7
The article offers information on a Model Bullying Policy, an anti bullying policy, created by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative activist group to ensure the safety of school students.
- LEAN on ME. FOWLER, JOANNE // People;3/7/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p119
The article looks at West Boylston, Massachusetts Middle/High School's approach to bullying, which involves pairing older students with younger, troubled students to change their behavior.
- Back to school. ORENBERG, HAYLEY // Windy City Times;9/18/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p12
The article provides an answer to a question of how to protect LGBT students from bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
- DA's office presents bullying program to local students. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the presentation of a program on bullying initiated by the 110th Judicial District among the sixth and eighth graders at the Clarendon High School in Clarendon, Texas.
- Drive to curb ragging. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/30/2013, p1
The article reports that the disciplinary committee of the Ravenshaw University in Odisha, India will commence the sensitisation drive for the new students that will help them on how to deal ragging at the under and postgraduate levels.
- Integrating Bullying Prevention Into Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support. Good, Chris P.; McIntosh, Kent; Gietz, Carmen // Teaching Exceptional Children;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the integration of bullying prevention programs into positive behavior support. The authors suggest that bullies in schools are skilled at targeting vulnerabilities in their victims, which may impact the likelihood that children with exceptionalities and disabilities will...
- Securing Safe Schools: Using Title IX Liability to Address Peer Harassment of Transgender Students. Sohaili, Tina // Law & Sexuality: A Review of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgende;2011, Vol. 20, p79
The article focuses on Title IX of the Equal Opportunity in Education Act to prevent the bullying of transgender students in schools in the U.S. It mentions that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students are more subjected to both verbal and physical harassment than heterosexual or...