Another Look at AZT Report
- Antiviral Briefs. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p567
Presents news and developments relevant to antiviral drugs compiled as of November 2002. Treatment interruption of antiretroviral therapy; Cases of bradyarrhythmia; Resistance of HIV strains to AZT.
- NEWSFRONT: NORTH CAROLINA. // Advocate;1/5/88, Issue 489, p31
Reports that officials of North Carolina-based Burroughs Wellcome Co. agreed to meet with New York State lawmaker, Gerrold Nadler about their pricing policy for the anti-AIDS drug, AZT.
- YET MORE BUSHWHACKING. // Advocate;10/9/90, Issue 561, p10
Reports on the growing concern over the lack of access to the drug, AZT for HIV-infected people and AIDS patients. Examples of the most common excuses the hinder access to the drug.
- OKLAHOMA. // Advocate;11/3/92, Issue 615, p26
Reports that Oklahoma state-subsidized distribution of the antiviral drug, AZT to indigent people will be stopped because of a bureaucratic problem that caused officials at state agencies to fail to report that the program was in jeopardy.
- AZT combination trial shows positive results. // Nature;9/28/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6547, p276
Reports on the result of a study on the effects of AZT when given jointly with one of two antiretoviral drugs in patients with HIV or AIDS in London, England.
- Characterization of the Mechanism of Zidovudine Uptake by Rat Conditionally Immortalized Syncytiotrophoblast Cell Line TR-TBT. Y. Sai; T. Nishimura; S. Shimpo; T. Chishu; K. Sato; N. Kose; C. Mukai; S. Kitagaki; N. Miyakoshi; Y.-S. Kang; E. Nakashima // Pharmaceutical Research;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1647
Abstract Purpose��To characterize the uptake mechanism of zidovudine (AZT), a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, in syncytiotrophoblast cells using the TR-TBT 18d-1 cell line previously established by our group. Materials and Methods��The effects of several transporter...
- Differential scanning microcalorimetry study of thermal stability of nevirapine and azidothymidine mixture. Michalik, K.; Drzazga, Zofia; Michnik, Anna; Kaszuba, M. // Journal of Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry;Apr2006, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p119
A differential scanning calorimetry study of the thermal behavior of nevirapine and azidothymidine in water solution was carried out. For nevirapine scan rate dependent and irreversible endothermic peak were found. Thermal degradation of nevirapine as well as NVP � AZT mixture is relatively...
- In--Vitro Resistance to Zidovudine and Alpha--Interferon in HIV--1 Isolates from Patients: Correlations with Treatment Duration and Response. Edlin, Brian R.; St. Clair, Marty H.; Pitha, P.M.; Whaling, Susan M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/92, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p457
Presents a study that measured in-vitro antiviral drug susceptibilities of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates recovered from patients treated with alpha-interferon or zidovudine and patients not treated with these drugs. Methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Early versus delayed initiation of antiretroviral therapy for Indian HIV-Infected individuals with tuberculosis on antituberculosis treatment. Sinha, Sanjeev; Shekhar, Rahul C.; Singh, Gurjeet; Shah, Nipam; Ahmad, Hafiz; Kumar, Narendra; Sharma, Surendra K.; Samantaray, J. C.; Ranjan, Sanjai; Ekka, Meera; Sreenivas, Vishnu; Mitsuyasu, Ronald T. // BMC Infectious Diseases;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p168
Background: For antiretroviral therapy (ART) naive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected adults suffering from tuberculosis (TB), there is uncertainty about the optimal time to initiate highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) after starting antituberculosis treatment (ATT), in order...