GAYS PROTEST POPE'S VISIT
- PICKETS AT LAPD HEADQUARTERS. // Advocate;1/19/72, Issue 77, p2
Presents a photograph of gay activists' demonstration at Los Angeles Police District headquarters.
- A NATIONAL DAY OF PROTEST. // Advocate;6/7/88, Issue 500, p18
Presents photographs of demonstrations participated in by lesbian and gay activists in the U.S., as of June 7, 1988.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: PENNSYLVANIA. // Advocate;4/21/92, Issue 601, p29
Cites the factors that led officers to beat AIDS activists at a demonstration held September 12, 1991 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to an ad hoc panel investigating the incident.
- NCGA Protests: Just Media Hype?. // Advocate;6/30/76, Issue 193, p13
Speculates on promotion of the series of demonstrations by the National Coalition of Gay Activists (NCGA) in the U.S. Plan of the protest activities for the Democratic convention in New York; Picket of the hotels of delegations; Controversy of the NCGA marches.
- N. Y. Gays: Will the Spark Die? // Advocate;Sep1969, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
Comments on reactions to the demonstration staged by gay groups at the New York City Sheridan Square in 1969. Organizers of the demonstration; Homophile groups represented in the demonstration; Guest speakers.
- Police Raid on N. Y. Club Sets Off First Gay Riot. Leitsch, Dick // Advocate;Sep1969, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the gay riots that took place in June 1969 in Greenwich Village, New York. Complaints of police harassment; Circumstances leading to the riots; Arrests made.
- FEDERALLY OFFENSIVE. // Advocate;6/4/91, Issue 578, p10
Reports that the Washington, D.C. chapter of ACT UP handed out condoms to passing tourists in front of the White House in protest against president George Bush's comment that their group is totally counter productive. Detention of several protesters for littering on White House property.
- Sounds of Silence. de Solenni, Pia // Human Life Review;Spring2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p66
Highlights the "Pro-Choice" march in the U.S. Beliefs of gay activists regarding abortion; Abortion agenda; Guests.
- Gays freed after arrest at rally. // Advocate;2/16/72, Issue 79, p28
Reports on the dismissal of charges filed against four Gay Liberationists beaten and arrested in a demonstration against gubernatorial candidate Thomas Foran in Illinois.