Pataki budget slashes state spending
- Gov. Pataki's Amendments to Fiscal 2002 Budget Increase Debt Fund. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31077, p3
Reports the submission of Governor George Pataki of the amended budget proposal in New York. Increase in debt reduction reserve funds; Elimination of high cost state debt; Urge of Pataki for the Legislature to reach a consensus on a spending plan; Protection of the state against a national...
- Pataki $63.8B exec. budget for FY `96-'97 notes role of... Ammerman, Laurie // Insurance Advocate;12/30/95, Vol. 106 Issue 50, p29
Reports that New York State Governor, George E. Pataki, who released his $63.8 billion Executive Budget for Fiscal Year 1996-97, revealed that the role of the life and health insurers in the health care field, are at major risks. Indication from Budget Director Patrica A. Woodworth; Forecast...
- Left back award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/20/95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p1
Criticizes New York Governor George Pataki's proposal to cut the budget of the State University of New York.
- NY state budget plan could force hospital closures. // Health Facilities Management;Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p6
Predicts the possible outcomes of the budget plan for hospitals proposed by New York Governor George Pataki based on the findings of a study conducted by the Healthcare Association of New York State. Effects on financial unsteady hospitals; Cutting Medicaid hospital spending; Adverse effects...
- Powell State Office Building slated to be closed or sold? Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/94, Vol. 85 Issue 53, p1
Reports on the possible closure of the Powell State Office Building in Harlem, New York City due to budget cuts planned by the office of New York Governor George Pataki. Employees affected; Offices in the building; History of the building; Other state offices slated to close.
- Pataki exec. budget would add $8.5 M to support state fire prevention and control program. // Insurance Advocate;1/27/96, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p21
Reports that New York State Governor George E. Pataki has proposed 30 day amendments to his 1996-97 Executive Budget. Special revenue funds to support the state's fire prevention and control program; Increase in insurance fees.
- Pataki's lesson plan: school accountability. Ryan, Desmond // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p38A
Examines proposals of Long Island governor George Pataki to improve state budget deficit for school districts in New York. Critics over the governor's proposed tax cuts; Need to implement a model that would describe and define effective financing of public education; Importance of proper school...
- 4201 proposal concerns LI schools. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the concerns of schools in Long Island, New York over a proposal in Governor George Pataki's budget plan that would change the funding for the 4201 state-supported schools. Requirement for Long Island school districts to pick up 51 percent of the cost of educating deaf, blind and...
- Budget procrastination record in jeopardy. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p43A
Comments on the delay of the legislation of the state budget for New York. Factors influencing the inability of legislators to meet the April 1 deadline; Plan of Governor George Pataki to impose new taxes; Priorities of legislators.