- Medical practice management software for today's healthcare provider. Virga, Robert M. // Orange County Business Journal;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p32
Focuses on the effect of information technology on health care providers throughout the United States. Importance of computer technology advancements in health care; Factors to consider when selecting a software package; Features of MedSys for Windows, a software package developed by InfoSys...
- Doctors Team Up With Computers. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the reliance of doctors on computers and artificial intelligence for diagnoses and surgeries as of September 2000.
- Implementation and Termination of a Computerized Medical Information System. Lawler, Frank; Cacy, Jim R. // Journal of Family Practice;Mar96, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p233
Editorial. Discusses the implementation and termination of a comprehensive computerized medical information system at the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at the University of Oklahoma. Examination of the implementation process; Problems encountered.
- Systems integrator. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p64
Features a systems integrator from DuPont which simplifies data flow between chemistry analyzers and laboratory information system. Cost effectiveness.
- Computer Visualization in Medicine. Johnson, Christopher R. // National Forum;Fall98, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p17
Focuses on the applications of computer visualization in medicine. Application in the determination of the response to treatment or the necessity of surgery in clinical cardiology and neurology; Computer-assisted design of cardiac defibrillation device; Role of computer visualization in medical...
- Rapid prototyping in medicine. Mahoney, Diana Phillips // Computer Graphics World;Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the use of computer-driven rapid prototyping (RP) in medical applications. Enhancement of the quality of health care; Design process; RP options. INSET: A quick look at RP technologies, by D.P.M..
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p684
A correction to the article "Implementation of an electronic system for medication reconciliation," in the February 15, 2007 issue is presented.
- STORING AND MANAGING DATA ON A COMPUTER. Lee, Nicholas; Millman, Andrew // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/26/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7004, p562
Presents information relevant in storing and managing medical data on a computer. Structure of databases; Validation of data and error trapping; Creating a database; Operating the database.
- Using the technology of the world wide web to manage clinical information. Fraser, Hamish S.F.,; Kohane, Isaac S., // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/31/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7094, p1600
Focuses on the use of the Internet to manage clinical information. Need for new methods of accessing and organizing data with the increase in medical information; Increased use of World Wide Web technology in organizations; Benefits of putting documents on a web site; Security, confidentiality...