Reforms in danger?
- Latin America eyes the old ways. // U.S. News & World Report;12/6/93, Vol. 115 Issue 22, p13
Considers how the likely winner of the December 1993 presidential election in Venezuela, former President Rafael Caldera, vows to turn back the clock on the liberal market reforms that have swept much of Latin America since the mid-1980s. How he is capitalizing on widespread public discontent...
- The recovery of confidence. Caldera, Rafael // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p18
Presents an excerpt of a speech by Venezuelan president Rafael Caldera about recovery from crisis. Concern in the control of inflation; Reduction of government expenditures; Submission of a stabilization and economic recovery plan.
- Venezuela turns toward neoliberalism. Ellner, Steve // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
Reports that Venezuela president Rafael Caldera announced a wide-reaching austerity package on April 15, 1996. Increase of gasoline prices; Increase in taxes of wholesale and luxury goods; Reactions from neoliberals.
- Venezuela's economy is bouncing back. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;8/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p24
Reports on the economic recovery of Venezuela. International Monetary Fund's (IMF) grant of credit; Provisions under President Rafael Caldera's economic reform package.
- Squeezing the Oil Concessions. // Time;9/6/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p61
The article discusses economic nationalism in Latin America and also focuses on the economic rise of Venezuela due to its rich oil deposits. It is stated that the economic nationalism aims at minimization of outside control of domestic resources. It informs that the President of Venezuela Rafael...
- International business news. // Caribbean Business;2/10/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p50
Presents international business news as of February 10, 1994. Goals of Rafael Caldera as Venezuela's new president; Comment on the effect of China's human rights violations on trade.
- Las relaciones diplomÃ¡ticas Venezuela - Ãfrica (1969-1979). Norbert Molina Medina // Humania del Sur;ene-jun2010, Vol. 5 Issue 8, preceding p109
In the 70's from the last century, the first steps for the establishment of the Venezuelan diplomatic relations with some African countries appeared. At this year, 2010, we are celebrating 40 years of political, economic, social and cultural rapprochement. In this sense, our contribution is...
- 73 Years of Aficion: Valeriano Salceda, "Giraldez" Has Seen Almost Everything; And He's Telling... Schwarz, Mark // La Prensa San Diego;8/22/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p8
No abstract available.
- Andres Bello (Book Review). Degrummond, Jane Lucas // American Historical Review;Jun78, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p848
Reviews the book 'Andres Bello: Philosopher, Poet, Philologist, Educator, Legislator, Statesman,' by Rafael Caldera and translated by John Street.