On the record
- News clips. // AHA News;2/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1
Presents news items on health care policies in the United States as of February 6, 1995. Postponement of a `mini-reconciliation' bill by House Budget Committee Chairman John R. Kasrich; Opposition for creating employment retirement income security act (ERISA) waivers; Release of an outpatient...
- Legislation. // AHA News;2/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p2
Presents a list of legislation concerning the health care industry in the United States. Bill to provide for enhanced penalties for health care fraud; Bill for a deduction in contributions to a Medisave account; Bill for the improvement of the quality of health care in states; More.
- On the record. // AHA News;3/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
Lists health legislation introduced in the United States Congress from February 22-28, 1995. Includes Christopher S. Bond and Solomon P. Ortiz's bill that would provide surveillance, research and services aimed at preventing birth defects; Cardiss Collins' bill that would establish standards...
- Capitol source. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;3/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p3
Comments on various developments in health care legislation in the United States as of March 1995. Includes President Bill Clinton's 1996 budget proposal; Howard Dean's speeches to various state medical societies in 1991; Physicians' support for changes in antitrust rules; Bruce C. Vladeck's...
- On the record. // AHA News;4/3/95, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p2
Reports on developments about medical care legislation in the United States as of April 3, 1995. Includes proposed law for a trust fund for federal health programs; Proposal to amend tax code on treatment of charitable-risk pools; Plan for a hospice care pilot program for the Department of...
- Senate OKs bill to expand access. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;4/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the Vermont Senate's approval of a legislation expanding access to health care for uninsured residents in the state. Features of the bill; Financing for the program; Comment by Norman E. Wright, president of the Vermont Hospital Association.
- On the record. // AHA News;5/29/95, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p1
Reports on developments in legislative action concerning medical care in the United States for the week ending May 29, 1995. Includes introduction of legislation to increase the National Institutes for Health's funding for diabetes-related research; Proposed bill allowing states to enroll...
- On the record. // AHA News;6/19/95, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p2
Presents a calendar of activities of the US Congress concerning health care legislation. Includes introduction of the DeLauro Health Care Fraud Prosecution Act; Bill for the establishment of a modern health-information network; Introduction of a Medicare's peer-review system.
- Docs, business clash on bills. Asplund, Jan // AHA News;2/26/96, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on the opposing sides taken by the Idaho Medical Association vis-a-vis the Idaho Association of Commerce & Industry in terms of legislations relating to medical care in the state. Stand taken by the Idaho Hospital Association; Contentions in favor of the medical association-pushed...
- House panel approves legislation to let VA provide outpatient care. Berkman, Leslie // AHA News;5/13/96, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
Reports on a House committee's passage of the Health Care Eligibility Reform Act of 1996 that intends to let Veterans' Affairs (VA) provide outpatient care. Removal of statutory rules; Bipartisan backing; Opposition from cost-conscious congressmen; Provisions of the bill.