What makeup artists know that could help you
- Marketers race to claim the newest fountain of youth. Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p1
Discusses new product hybrids called `cosmeceuticals' that combine cosmetic and therapeutic benefits. Products are pitting cosmetics companies and drug marketers against each other; Johnson & Johnson's Ortho Pharmaceuticals Corp. expected to make a major consumer push for Renova; Pharmaceutical...
- Makeup. // Cosmopolitan;Feb1993, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p52
Lists a variety of new makeup products. Includes: Elizabeth Arden's Really Great Mascara; Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat; Chanel's Poudre Lumiere; L'Oreal's Lightnesse Light Natural Makeup; Details; Prices.
- Makeout-proof makeup! Lynn, Andrea Pomerant; Wan, Stan // Cosmopolitan;Feb1993, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p156
Gives tips to follow for smear-proof makeup. Perfecting smudge-proof lips; How to use foundation correctly; Use of loose powder; Enhancing eyelashes; How to avoid racoon eyes.
- Makeup. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p62
Offers a look at various new trends in makeup. Channel's Precision Lip, Eye, and Brow Definers; Maybelline's Shine Free Blemish Control Powder; Revlon's LashFULL Mascara; More.
- Fortuitous properties. Goldemberg, Robert L. // DCI;Aug93, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p50
Features cosmetics raw materials offered by drug and cosmetics companies which are potential consumer products. Barnet Products Corp.'s Polyprepolymer-2; Product description; Applications; Boehringer Mannheim Biochemicals' urea and formamide; Mel-Co's melanin preparations; Fatty polyglucosides...
- Supplier formularies. // DCI;Aug93, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p56
Presents information on the formulation of cosmetics offered by different cosmetics companies. Centerchem Inc.'s Soothing Aftersun Gel-Lotion; American Colloid Co.'s Suntan Lotion; BFGoodrich Co.'s Waterproof Sunscreen Lotion (SPF 15); International Sourcing Inc.'s Therapeutic Bath Tonic.
- Supplier formularies. // DCI;Nov93, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p54
Presents chemical formularies from several cosmetics industries. Amide free shampoo from McIntyre Group Ltd.; Face cream for normal skin and leave-on hair conditioning cream with seaweed extract from International Sourcing Inc.; Moisturizing water resistant sunscreen gel and creamy lipstick from...
- The compounder supplier formularies. // DCI;May94, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p57
Offers a look at some supplier formularies. Includes Natural Suncare Cream with Titanium Dioxide from Croda Inc.; Silky Night Cream from Centerchem, Inc.; Clear Hair Conditioner from Dow Corning Corp.
- The compounder. // DCI;Aug94, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p50
Presents a list of cosmetics products and their formulations. Includes sunscreen lotion with Rhatania O and Nut O; All-purpose shampoo; Fruit acid gel; Waterproof sunscreen with UV-Titan; Alpha-hydroxy serum.
- A slow news night. Dichter, Peter // DCI;Aug94, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p61
Presents a humorous account on how to make one's own cosmetic products with homemade ingredients. Gelatin as a protein conditioner; Use of vegetable shortening to substitute for cold cream; Effectiveness of baking soda as anti-perspirant.