Hats with pomp and silliness
- Top hats. Rocksanne // BMX Plus;Nov91, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p66
Presents a photo essay with text showing baseball caps with BMX logos. Manufacturers; Prices.
- Gear corner. // Backpacker;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p90
Features Dynamonster's Standard Hatbag winter hat. Material; Design; Contact information.
- Up in Hong Kong's attic: Traditional Chinese children's hats. Stelson, Caren Barzelay // Faces (07491387);May98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p33
Presents information on children's hats in Hong Kong. Importance of children's hats; What children's hats resembled; Reason children's hats were made; Identification of some of the symbols embroidered on children's hats.
- The mad modiste. Craugh, J. // Harper's Bazaar;Nov89, Issue 3335, p66
Presents a brief portrait of hat designer Anne Moore. Career development; Dramatic offerings.
- Hints from Eloise. Sikes, G. // Harper's Bazaar;Nov89, Issue 3335, p66
Presents a brief portrait of hat designer Mary-Rea McDonald. Career development; Current success.
- Helpful hat hints. // Horse & Rider;Jun92, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p104
Explains cowboy hat sizes. How to measure one's head; `Hats on!' article in the February 17, 1992 issue of `Time' magazine warning against the use of baseball caps as sun shields; A wide-brimmed cowboy hat's protection against skin cancer and cataracts.
- FOUR-CORNERED HATS. Toler, Pamela D. // dig;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p33
The article offers historic information on the four-cornered hats developed during the Wari Empire in ancient Peru.
- How to fill a ten-gallon hat. Williams Jr., Hank // Men's Health (10544836);Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p128
Features advice on how to choose and wear a cowboy hat, from this country music legend. The best hat fabrics; The best colors; The best hats for different cranial and facial shapes; The correct tilt; The correct brim; How to care for your hat.
- How the west was worn. Meier, R.; Thompson, H. // Texas Monthly;May91, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p110
Presents a photo essay of Texan hats.
- Hats off! Gorbachev, Valeri // Turtle;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p26
Presents an illustrated story of a turtle and a cat wearing hats.