Active audio filters for signal processing and control
Tags: SIGNAL processing
- NSP: Fact or fiction? Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;5/30/95, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p20
Looks at the Native Signal Processing's (NSP) chances of success. Statement of Intel president and CEO Andy Grove that NSP would become a reality; Need of an extra horse power for Intel's designer; Advantages of having a NSP.
- Signaling system provides speed, noise immunity. Chiang, William // EDN;5/9/96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p161
Focuses on the IEEE-P1596.3 low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) physical-layer, point-to-point interface. Two single-ended signals used to create a differential signal; Applications for LVDS; IEEE-P1596.3 LVDS' special features in addressing the noise and power-supply concerns; LVDS'...
- Advanced process and equipment monitoring with a quadruple mass analyzer. Waits, Robert K. // Solid State Technology;Jan95, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p73
Discusses permanently installed quadruple mass analyzers (QMAs) as in situ on-line equipment and process monitors integrated with a multichamber process tool. Reasons for integrating a process monitor; Types of QMA inlet modules; Obstacles to the use of an integrated QMA as a process and...
- Clock drivers ensure on-time arrival of high-speed signals. Andersen, Dan // EDN;11/19/98, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p151
Focuses on how to minimize skews, the gap between the time when a signal is supposed to arrive in a device and when it actually does, while distributing clock signal among various devices on a personal computer (PC) board. Other factors in achieving a clean and precise clock signal...
- Signaling networks: Data waiting to be mined. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;07/22/96, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p68
Reports that public carriers will be able to leverage information in their signaling networks because of tools under development. What carriers use their signaling networks to do; Capabilities of the Signalling System 7 (SS7) network; Major application that can capitalize on the SS7 network;...
- Detect ring signals without special ICS. Woods, Paul R. // Electronic Design;8/22/94, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p116
Presents a way of setting-up a device for discriminating between telephone-ring signals and spurious signals on a phone line. Frequency limits of valid signals; Switching phones to various output jacks.
- Touch and go. // Professional Engineering;7/28/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p38
The article reports on the development of the new signal processing techniques, which include a tactile sensing glove, conductive polymers for tactile display interfaces, and thermal rendering of materials.
- Signal Processing and Methods in SURROUND MIXING. Rudolph, Barry // Mix;Mar2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the methods of signal processing in music. Factors affecting quality assurance of the encoding process of sounds; Use f Euphonix R-1 and Sony DMX-R100 consoles for mixing music; Concept of 6-bus processing in equalizer.
- Signal processing circuit for a mass flow rate digital meter design. Abdul-Hameed, Kamal Hilal; Abdul-Karim, Majid A. H. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul87, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p1242
This paper introduces the design of a signal processing circuit which can be used in conjunction with additional arrangement for measuring gas mass flow rate. Measurement is based on Bernoulli�s equation for subsonic flow. Voltages representing gas static pressure, static temperature, and...