Getting cadmium out of sunflower seeds
- Trakya B�lgesinde �retilen Ay�i�egi Tohumu (Helianthus annus L.) Yaglarinda Bakir, Demir, Kadmiyum ve Kursun I�eriklerinin Belirlenmesi. �stbas, Y.; Tasan, M.; Ge�gel, �. // Journal of Tekirdag Agricultural Faculty;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p55
The aim of this study was to determine the copper (Cu), iron (Fe), cadmium (Cd), and lead (Pb) contents of the oils from sunflower seeds which were grown in the Trakya region, Turkey. For this reason, the samples of sunflower seed were collected from three different provinces (Tekirdag, Edirne...
- Rally begins for sunflower market. SANDBAKKEN, JOHN // Dakota Farmer;Oct2012, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p34
The article presents information on an increase in the prices of sunflower seeds in the U.S. INSET: Key Points.
- FOOD INNOVATIONS. // Prevention;Oct89, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the U.S. Department of Agriculture geneticists' development a novel strain of sunflower seeds that has comparable levels of heart-healthy monosaturated fats with olive oil. Percentage of oleic acid in the sunflower seed; Development of snack foods and bottled oils using the seed.
- Sun Oil Prices Improve as Supply Tightens. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p14
Predicts that demand for sunflower oil will remain strong until January 2002. Benefit from the deterioration of sunflower seed crops; Projected decline in sunflower seed harvest in Ukraine and Russia; Country that might change the price outlook for sunflower oil in 2002.
- Dorada semena hibridnog suncokreta u Institutu za ratarstvo i povrtarstvo. Prole, Siniša; Radić, Velimir; Mrđa, Jelena; Ostojić, Branislav; Jokić, Goran; Đilvesi, Karlo; Miklič, Vladimir // Field & Vegetable Crops Research / Ratarstvo i povrtarstvo;2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p371
This paper reviews sunflower hybrid seed processing at Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops Novi Sad with all practical, technical and technological solutions. Additionally, efforts of Institutes employees are presented here in creating new technical solutions, particularly machines, aimed at...
- Premiums add to sunflower price. Kleingartner, Larry // Dakota Farmer;Apr2011, p17
The article focuses on the factors which affect the prices of sunflower in the market including the oilseed production in South America, oil premiums, and changes in the acres.
- Sunflower Trail Mix. // Children's Playmate Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p12
Presents the recipe Sunflower Trail Mix.
- Sunflower cultivation needs help and encouragement. Idris, Ghulam // Economic Review (05318955);Jan1998, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p40
Cites the developments concerning the sunflower seed oil industry in Pakistan. Production from 1988 to 1995; Irrigation areas; Duration of crop; Crop rotation; Soil and agronomic practices; Seed rate; Available varieties; Fertilizer and irrigation; Insects and pests.
- New for the Kids' Lunchboxes-SB&Js! // Agricultural Research;Apr2003, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the process developed by food technologists at Red River Commodities Inc. to make a sandwich spread from sunflower seeds which tastes like peanut butter. Information on the sandwich spread; Nutritional content of sunflower seeds.