Getting cadmium out of sunflower seeds
- Phytoremediation of Lead and Cadmium Contaminated Soils using Sunflower Plant. Sewalem, Nasser; Elfeky, Soad; El-Shintinawy, Fatma // Journal of Stress Physiology & Biochemistry;2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p122
Phytremediation has emerged as a practical approach to clean up metal-polluted soils. In this study the role of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) plants as a potential phytoremediator to soils contaminated with cadmium (Cd) and lead (Pb) was investigated. Our results showed that the effect of Cd...
- Trakya BÃ¶lgesinde Ãœretilen AyÃ§iÃ§eÄŸi Tohumu (Helianthus annus L.) YaÄŸlarÄ±nda BakÄ±r, Demir, Kadmiyum ve KurÅŸun Ä°Ã§eriklerinin Belirlenmesi. Üstbaş, Y.; Taşan, M.; Geçgel, Ü. // Journal of Tekirdag Agricultural Faculty;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p55
The aim of this study was to determine the copper (Cu), iron (Fe), cadmium (Cd), and lead (Pb) contents of the oils from sunflower seeds which were grown in the Trakya region, Turkey. For this reason, the samples of sunflower seed were collected from three different provinces (Tekirdag, Edirne...
- Rally begins for sunflower market. SANDBAKKEN, JOHN // Dakota Farmer;Oct2012, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p34
The article presents information on an increase in the prices of sunflower seeds in the U.S. INSET: Key Points.
- Exports of sunflower kernels increase. // High Plains Journal;7/13/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 28, p5B
The article reports on the expected rise in the exports of sunflower kernel in Canada, Mexico and Korea in 2015.
- ACCUMULATION OF HEAVY METALS IN DIFFERENT PLANTS ON APPLICATION OF WASTE WATER. SAEED AKHTAR, M.; AHMED, MOINUDDIN; UZAIR KHAN, MUHAMMAD; NAZIM, KANWAL // FUUAST Journal of Biology;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p103
Healthy seeds of Zea mays L., (maize), Helianthus annuus L., (sunflower), Phaseolus lunatus L., (lobia), Lens esculenta moenchL., (masoor), Capsicum annum L., (chili), Leucaena leucocephala L., (lucaena), Thespesia populnea L., (thespisia), Spinacia oleracea L., (spinach), and Abutilon mill...
- Sun Oil Prices Improve as Supply Tightens. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p14
Predicts that demand for sunflower oil will remain strong until January 2002. Benefit from the deterioration of sunflower seed crops; Projected decline in sunflower seed harvest in Ukraine and Russia; Country that might change the price outlook for sunflower oil in 2002.
- A Sunny Snack. Galloway, Lindsey // Natural Solutions;May2010, Issue 125, p78
The article reports on the therapeutic uses of the sunflower seeds.
- Sunflower Digest. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Jan2011, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p17
The article offers several information related to sunflower management including plant spacing as the top problem in sunflower production, the unaltered volume of U.S. sunflower oil exports ending December 2009 and the 11.1 million tons of global sunflower seed oil production for 2010-2011.
- Dorada semena hibridnog suncokreta u Institutu za ratarstvo i povrtarstvo. Prole, Siniša; Radić, Velimir; Mrđa, Jelena; Ostojić, Branislav; Jokić, Goran; Đilvesi, Karlo; Miklič, Vladimir // Field & Vegetable Crops Research / Ratarstvo i povrtarstvo;2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p371
This paper reviews sunflower hybrid seed processing at Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops Novi Sad with all practical, technical and technological solutions. Additionally, efforts of Institutes employees are presented here in creating new technical solutions, particularly machines, aimed at...