Now that you have a backup strategy, it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty
- Legato broadens storage manager. Bannan, Karen J. // PC Week;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p18
Discusses Global Enterprise Management of Storage (GEMS) 1.1, Java-based storage management software from Legato Systems Inc. Support for Windows NT 4.0, Oracle Corp. databases and Netscape Communications Corp.'s Navigator browser; Plans to support Internet Explorer; What GEMS provides; Pricing.
- Software speeds backup. Bannan, Karen J. // PC Week;02/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p63
Looks at storage management applications from three software developers. Backup Exec 2.0 for Windows NT 4.0 from Seagate Software Inc.; File Jockey 2.0 from Computer Associates International Inc.; Amdahl Integrated Information Suite from Amdahl Corp.; Features; Capabilities; Pricing;...
- Suite enables dynamic navigation. Walker, Christy; Hammond, Mark // PC Week;06/29/98, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the TopTier Product Suite, a suite of products from TopTier Software Inc. which enables developers to link disparate repositories and to correlate and deliver data from those repositories to users from a single interface. Components in the suite; The HyperRelational Navigation...
- NT storage management gets simpler. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;08/31/98, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p45
Focuses on software which offers additional storage management capabilities in Windows NT environments. Thor, clustering software from Veritas Software Corp. that makes it easier to deploy a storage area network (SAN) using Windows NT-based servers and storage systems; QuotaAdvisor 4.0,...
- TAKING control OF THE e-discovery PROCESS. Lamont, Judith // KM World;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses several e-discovery products. Products that handle large data stores include the Kazeon Information Server IS1200-ECS from Constantine & Aborn Advisory Services and the software from Discovery Mining, which processes files to take out duplicates, extract metadata, and...
- Managing backup in a multiserver arena. Murray, Steve // Communications News;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p58
Describes how a storage management system has helped companies like Rhone-Poulenc Rorer in protecting critical applications after moving to client/server. Functions of Networker from Legato Systems Inc.; Requirements for functional storage management; Advantages of using Networker; Reasons why...
- RAIDing the Storage Market. Baltazar, Henry // PC Week;10/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p78
Reviews Seagate Backup Exec 7.2, software from Seagate Software Inc. that provides backup services for NetWare and Windows NT networks. How it works with Seagate's RAIDirector tape RAID solution; Pricing; Performance; How it was tested; Recommendations; Contact information.
- Storage management is more than just backup. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;6/26/95, Vol. 12 Issue 25, pN/6
Discusses network storage management. Focus on file-server backup strategies; Purchase of a backup device for each desktop; Ineffective use of an organization's total storage assets; Characteristics of a storage-asset pooling system.
- Memory management: Optimum settings aren't automatic. Merenbloom, Paul // InfoWorld;2/14/94, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p58
Opinion. Discusses computer memory management. Similarity of QEMM to the presence of a virus; Paying attention to memory resources; Innovations in personal computer design; Network interface cards (NIC) and video controllers; Significance of memory management.