Feds urged to help clarify Medicare payment policy
- Medicare Part A deductible goes up. // AHA News;10/23/95, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p4
Reports that the Medicare Part A deductible for beneficiaries admitted to hospitals in 1996 will be $736, an increase of $20 over 1995, according to the Department of Health and Human Services in the United States.
- HHS releases Medicare marketing guidelines. // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the launching of marketing guidelines for health maintenance organizations serving Medicare beneficiaries by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- A billion here, a billion there--it all adds up. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;06/15/98, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p34
Reports that according to estimations from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Medicare paid out millions of dollars during 1997. Indications that this was due to errors; Reason for these payment errors; What payment errors usually come from.
- HHS report ups ante in fraud debate. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;07/21/97, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p13
Cites a report by the Health and Human Services' inspector general's office concerning Medicare payments in the United States. Possibility that Medicare may have overpaid providers in 1996; Details on the report; Information on claim errors made.
- Where fraud police will focus in '02. Rose, John R. // Medical Economics;11/19/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 22, p17
Reports that the United States Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General will focus on investigating Medicare evaluation and management codes in 2002.
- SENIORS NOT USING WELLNESS VISITS. // Medical Economics;12/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 23, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has revealed Medicare patients are not taking advantage of their free annual wellness visits.
- On the compliance track. // AHA News;4/8/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p4
Editorial. Discusses the advantage of setting common standards for electronic health care transactions to everyone involved in handling provider-payer transactions. Deadline for submission of a summary compliance form to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Medicare deductibles to rise. // Business Insurance;11/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p72
Informs on the United States Department of Health and Human Services' announcement of a rise in Medicare deductibles in 2000.
- Medicare could cut outpatient Rx costs with rebates. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;Aug96, Vol. 140 Issue 15, p119
Reports on the finding and main recommendation of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services for Medicare. Absence of Medicare's National Drug Code-based billing system for prescriptions; Possible savings from the implementation of a discounted average wholesale price...