Effects of preparing for physical ability tests
- How to develop physical capacity standards. O'Connor, John S.; Warner, Carlene // Personnel Journal;May96 Supplement New Product, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the importance of developing physical capacity standards to address the growing problem of worker injury. Legislation affecting protection of employees from physical harm or injury; Difference between health status and physical capacity; Need to focus on employees' ability to perform...
- Improving your APFT score. Bishop, Philip; Fielitz, Lynn; Derrick, Kathy; Anderson, Carol // Soldiers;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
Provides suggestions on how soldiers of the United States Army can improve their Army Physical Fitness (APFT) score. INSET: Quick tips for APFT improvement.
- Exam tests rehabbed workers. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);2/10/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, pA17
The article reports on the work readiness evaluation testing at St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute which is aimed to determine when and under what conditions an injured worker can return to the job. Lead physical therapist Diane Tapp states that the physical-capacity examination (PCE) can help...
- Retrospective examination of injuries and physical fitness during Federal Bureau of Investigation new agent training. // Journal of Occupational Medicine & Toxicology;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p26
The article presents retrospective examination conducted on injuries and physical fitness, and their association among the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) new agent trainees. It mentions that physical fitness test (PFT) was administered and consisted of push-ups, sit-ups, and...
- The Effect of Body Mass on Physiological Indicators in the Performance of Forestry Workers. Martinic, Ivan; �egotic, Ksenija; Risovic, Stjepan; Goglia, Vlado // Collegium Antropologicum;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p305
The paper presents the results of research into the effects of body mass (BM) on basic physiological indicators of work capability among forestry workers. The indicators included the maximum theoretical heart rate, the maximum heart rate in exertion tests, and the basal energy expenditure. The...
- Identification of self-organization indicators and description of them in Iran Physical Education Organization (IPEO). Mohammadian, Fariba; Mozafari, Seyed Amir Ahmad; Jazni, Nasrin // TTEM- Technics Technologies Education Management;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p233
Aim of this study was codifying the indicators of self-organization and description of them in Iran Physical Education Organization (IPEO). In this study, 65 employees of headquarters, 105 employees of sports federations and 210 employees of total Physical education departments' provinces...
- A comparison of peer and teacher assessment of students' physical fitness performance. Hill, Grant M.; Miller, Tracey A. // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p40
Compares peer and teacher assessments of students' physical fitness performance. Levels of students' physical fitness performance; Purposes of fitness assessments; Advantages of fitness assessments of teachers and peers; Objectives of a physical fitness education program; Materials reviewing...
- A new tool to measure aerobic fitness. Barnett, Larry // Safetyline;Jul/Aug94, Issue 69, p14
Focuses on the use of the Navy Physical Readiness Test and Canadian Aerobic Fitness Test in measuring aerobic fitness. Requirement for frequent strenuous exercise; Assessment of cardiovascular system.
- Climbers tied with runners. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul94, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p79
Reports on a study suggesting that stair-climbing is as effective as running. Benefit; Key indicator of aerobic fitness; Result of the test on 25 women.