Astoria Federal to merge with Fidelity of New York
- Astoria closes its purchase of Fidelity N.Y. // American Banker;2/9/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 27, p4
Reports on Astoria Financial Corp.'s acquisition of Fidelity New York for about $157 million in cash. Astoria's assets and deposits after the transaction.
- Astoria to buy Fidelity New York, a thrift, for $160 million in cash. Iida, Jeanne // American Banker;7/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 134, p23
Reports on Astoria Financial Corp.'s agreement to acquire Fidelity New York Federal Savings Bank in cash. Cash value of Fidelity shares; Expected savings from job cutbacks and back office consolidation.
- Exec team flush after thrift deal. Mirabella, Alan; Rigg, Cynthia // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Astoria Financial Corp.'s agreement to pay stockholders after acquisition of Fidelity New York. Impact of anti-takeover provisions; Original investors; Amount Fidelity Chief Executive Thomas V. Powderly is set to take home.
- Astoria Ditches Retail Mortgage. Stuart, Scott // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p14
No abstract available.
- Astoria gets nod for stock buyout. // American Banker;5/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 86, p5
Reports on the federal regulators' approval of Astoria Financial Corp.'s repurchase of its shares. Percentage of its shares planned for repurchase; Conduct of the repurchase.
- Trimming the fat for heartier stock. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p15
Reports on the plan of Long Island, New York-based thrift bank Astoria Financial Corp. to discontinue its growth strategy. Reduction of its mortgage-backed securities portfolio; Improvement of stock price due to the securities plan; Financial performance in 1998 and 1999; Number of Astoria...
- Mortgage Clients Offered Home Insurance. Reich-Hale, David // American Banker;8/4/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 149, p8
Reports that Astoria Financial Corp. is offering homeowner insurance to its mortgage customers.
- Analyst Pegs Astoria As Possible Target. Peters, Andy // American Banker;12/12/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 189, p2
The article looks at the thrift institution Astoria Financial which Sandler O'Neill & Partners analyst Mark Fitzgibbon says is a possible takeover target because Astoria's stock is trading at a discount, Astoria has a good credit profile, and it has expanded its multifamily lending.
- Winding up for the annual pitch. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p1B
Focuses on the development of the annual report of Astoria Financial Corp. in Long Island, New York. Description of the company's financial performance; State of the banking sector; Importance of the financial report to the employees.