Bullies and their victims: Understanding a pervasive problem in the schools
Tags: BULLYING -- Prevention
- Bully proofing your school: Creating a positive climate. Garrity, Carla; Jens, Kathryn // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p235
Discusses a prevention program designed to stop bullying at the elementary level. Five key components of the bully-proofing program; Systems approach of the program; Staff training in implementing the program; Types of conflict resolutions by grade level; Classroom intervention; Intervention...
- A systematic counseling approach to the problem of bullying. Clarke, Elizabeth A.; Kiselica, Mark S. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Apr97, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p310
Presents a systematic counseling approach to bullying problems in school settings. Definition and description of cases of bullying; Characterization of bullies; Discussion of bullying myths; Implications of bullying; Components of school-wide bullying intervention programs; Role of school...
- Making the Grade. // Children & Young People Now;2/23/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Anti-Bullying Coalition by Harrow Council in London, England including its history, achievements, and services.
- Middle school to address bullying. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article presents information on the hosting of a bully prevention program by Whitney Middle School on October 10, 2012 in Whitney, Texas.
- Bully-proof your child. Collins, Clare // Working Mother;Aug95, p38
Presents suggestions on how children should defend themselves from troublemakers. Definition of bullying; Victims; Defensive strategies. INSET: What breeds a bully?..
- MA House Passes Revision to Anti-Bullying Legislation. // Bay Windows;3/6/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the legislation, H.3909, passed in Massachusetts House, to revise anti-bullying laws for schools.
- Buck the bully. // AEU SA Branch Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the prevention of bullying even outside the school by identifying what is bullying, what can be done to fix and who can to turn to in South Australia.
- Empowering kids to keep the peace. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 74, p19
Focuses on Mary Lynn Alguire, head of the Peacemakers antibullying program at the Rothwell-Osnabruck School in Ingleside, Ontario.
- To stop bullying, involve the whole school. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 74, p19
Offers advice from Debra Pepler, director of the LaMarsh Centre for Research on Violence and Conflict Resolution at York University in Toronto, Ontario, on how to stop bullying in schools.