Fun with words
- Time line. // Calliope;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p42
Presents a time line indicating important events during the Crusader era in Europe and the Middle East. Significant dates and personages.
- Tentmaking putting down stakes in missions movement. Guthrie, Stan // Christianity Today;11/13/95, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p80
Focuses on the pros and cons for tentmaking which is doing missionary ministry while working in a `nonreligious' occupation. Living with risks; Time is at hand; Tool of the future.
- Follow the crusaders. // Junior Scholastic;12/06/96, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p22
Traces the path of the crusades of European Christians to capture the Holy Land in the 11th-13th centuries. Muslims' takeover of the Holy land; Setting up of four states called the Latin States of the Crusaders; Experiences in the crusades; Ending in defeat for the Christians; Opening up of...
- Did you know? Marshall, Caroline T. // Christian History;1993, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p2
Presents facts about the Crusades. Nature of the Crusades; Women's participation; Saints who supported the Crusades; Fight between the Christians and Muslims; Cost of launching of a Crusade; Persecution of Jews in the 11th and 12th centuries as a result of the Crusades.
- Launch your own crusade. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;12/13/95, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p33
Reports that the Crusades were about people going after their beliefs passionately. Principles which can lead your own sales crusade.
- When clothes told a story: Design a heraldic surcoat that tells who you are. Honan, Linda // Calliope;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p20
Describes the coat of arms designed and worn by the Crusaders. Function of the surcoat to facilitate quick and easy recognition of knights in the heat of battle; Step-by-step instructions for making a surcoat.
- According to contemporaries. Krey, August C.; Maalouf, Amin // Calliope;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p26
Presents excerpts from several eyewitness accounts of significant events marking the First Crusade. Character studies of the leaders of the Crusade; Arab and Christian viewpoints of the Crusades.
- Respected by his Crusader opponents, Saladin had a more controversial image... Roberts, J. Howard // Military History;Dec99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p24
Describes Muslim leader Saladin of the Crusades. Family background; Details on his battles with the Crusaders.
- Revisiting the Crusades. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p100
Reviews the article 'The Real History of the Crusades,' by Thomas F. Madden, which was featured in the April 2002 issue of 'Crisis Magazine.'