Armored car scam convictions
- Armored car owners charged with fraud. // Business Insurance;8/2/93, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p38
Reports on the fraud charges against Robert J. Scaretta and Susan M. Scaretta, owners of Revere Armored Car Co. Accusation of stealing money from seven banks; Allegation that the company gave fraudulent financial statements to obtain insurance from Lloyd's of London.
- State securities regulators eye Lloyd's in fraud probe. Jennings, John // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/9/95, Vol. 99 Issue 41, p2
Reports that state securities regulatory agencies from Arizona, Illinois and Texas are conducting inquiries as to whether Lloyd's of London is guilty of fraud by withholding information from United States investors. Securities in the form of inves tment contracts; Risks posed to Lloyd's...
- Lloyd's banishes ex-broker. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;02/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p38
Discloses the decision of Lloyd's of London to terminate their services of broker Alan Collins, chairman and director of broker PS Mosse & Partners Ltd. Charges against Collins of forging coverage certificates; Findings of Lloyd's Disciplinary Tribunal against Collins.
- Judge denies request for Jaffray appeal. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/08/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p29
Reports on a London, England judge's decision to deny Lloyd's of London names who had hoped to appeal the verdict in the 'Jaffray v. Lloyd's' fraud case. Timetable given to the names to seek a reversal of the decision in the appeal courts; Judge's desire to see an end to asbestosis-related...
- Names' days in court begin. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;03/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p27
Reports the commencement of the High Court trial of the Jaffray fraud case involving Lloyd's of London and 235 names in London, England. Impact of the fraud case on the business operations of Lloyd's; Formation of a legal team by Lloyds to fight the class-action law suit; Importance of the...
- Vidal & Rodriguez offers global coverage and fraud protection. Doyle, B.G. // Caribbean Business;7/24/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p47
Reports on the performance of insurance brokerage firm Vidal & Rodriguez Inc. in Puerto Rico. Relationship of the company with key property and casualty insurance markets; Role as correspondent broker of Lloyd's of London Co.; Global coverage and fraud protection offered by Vidal.
- THE LONG, DRAWN OUT SAGA OF UNHAPPY NAMES--THE BOOK SEEMS CLOSED. Zinkewicz, Phil // Insurance Advocate;11/11/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Sir William Jaffray against the insurance company Lloyd's of London. Allegations against the company; Reason for the uniqueness of the case; Ruling on the case; Impact of the losses of Lloyd's on its investors.
- Davison presses for Lloyd's prosecution. // Accountancy;Nov84, Vol. 95 Issue 1095, p9
Reports on the call by Ian Hay Davison, chief executive of British firm Lloyd's of London Co., for government prosecution of fraudulent activities in the insurance market. Failure of several Lloyd's syndicates to give true and fair reports; Comments by the Association of Lloyd's Members.
- U.S. names still pressing for home court advantage. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;8/29/94, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p20
Reports that insurance company Lloyd's of London faces a barrage of litigation in the United States on charges of fraud. Names that have filed cases against Lloyd's in the US; Canadian banks suing members in joint action; Option available to members as alternative to bankruptcy.