Climate endangers the northern forests
- Plundering the boreal forests. Acharya, Anjali // World Watch;May/Jun95, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the decline of the boreal forests, the forests of the far North, which make up the world's largest terrestrial ecosystem and have become the world's main source of industrial wood and wood fiber. Deforestation in Canada; Trading forest for cash in Russia; Decline in the forests'...
- The Eurosiberian Transect: an introduction to the experiment region. Schulze, E.-D.; Vygodskaya, N.N.; Tchebakova, N.M.; Czimczik, C.I.; Kozlov, D.N.; Lloyd, J.; Mollicone, D.; Parfenova, E.; Sidorov, K.N.; Varlagin, A.V.; Wirth, C. // Tellus: Series B;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p421
Examines the forest types of European Russia and Central Siberia. Climatology of the Eurosiberian boreal forests; Forest zone in Russia; Comparison of the study regions.
- Great green north. // Canadian Geographic;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p97
Focuses on Canada's boreal forest. Fauna in the boreal forest.
- Ranger Rick's ADVENTURES. // Ranger Rick;Mar2010, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p26
The article presents a script about Ranger Rick Raccoon, Scarlett Fox and Ollie Otter's trip to the boreal forest in Alberta, Canada.
- Billions of Birds, the Boreal and Your Backyard. Wexler, Mark // National Wildlife;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p6
Introduces a series of articles on birds that populate the boreal forest.
- Gas trap. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the objectives of BOREAS project in the boreal forests of Canada.
- Networking for boreal forests. Burstein, Jonathan // Earth Island Journal;Spring93, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the Taiga Rescue Network's (TRN) campaign to prevent the depletion of the world's boreal forests. Promotion of recovery of deforested or degraded taiga areas; Biological and cultural diversity of taigas; TRN's call for a reduction in the North's consumption of forest products.
- INDEX. // Boreal Forests;2006, p32
A subject index for the January 1, 2006 issue of "Boreal Forests" is presented.
- Backwoods and waters of Hearst. Smedley, James // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p88
Relates experience of finding directions in a boreal forest. Variations of fishing patterns; Description of lake Hearst; Abundance of walleyes in the lake.