Creating an X24C00 to Z8 interface
Tags: COMPUTER interfaces
- APIs pave the way for 3D applications. // Electronic Design;2/19/96, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the release of OpenFlight applications programming interfaces from several vendors. Features; Product support; Contact information.
- Firewire is still simmering. Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p97
Focuses on the increasing popularity of the Firewire or IEEE-1394 serial interface specification. launching of a digital camera that can connect directly to a computer using the Firewire interface; Potential use of the interface in video applications.
- HP gets license for OpenGL 3D API. // Electronic News (10616624);9/11/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2082, p32
Reports that Hewlett-Packard Co. has licensed OpenGL, an application programming interface (API) for three-dimensional (3D) graphics. The interface was developed by Silicon Graphics Inc. but has been adopted by many system makers.
- Linking POS to PMS. Sullivan, William A. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/19/97, Vol. 212 Issue 9, p25
Discusses about computer interfaces in hotels. The trend in hospitality systems in hotels; Most common interface; Standard interface in hotels; Some areas for consideration for interfaces. INSET: NCR markets PC-based POS..
- Macs, windows PCs get interface lifts. // Popular Science;Oct94, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p50
Announces that the interface software programs on Macintosh and Windows PCs are getting updates that will make their respective computers a little easier to use. Features of Apple's new System 7.5; Details of Microsoft's Window upgrade; Expected prices.
- OEM Integration Poised For Strong Growth. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p30
Reports a new growth phase for OEM integration companies. Increase in sales of leading brands; Introduction of a digital Onstar interface; Investments in R&D.
- A perspective on the Presentation Manager. Alsop, S. // PC World;Nov88, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p47
Outlines the history of graphical user interfaces and speculates about the newest in the line, IBM's Presentation Manager.
- Computer connections. Holtzman, Jeff // Electronics Now;Jan1995, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p27
Discusses the viewpoints regarding user-interface design. Explanations of Gestalt theory; Opposing viewpoints on human-computer interaction; WordPerfect as an example of a functional viewpoint; Discussion on command-line oriented operating systems; Purpose of traditional user interface; Effect...
- Custom-manage shop floor manufacturing environment. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar97, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p184
No abstract available.