Effects of bullying
- BATTLING Peer Pressure. Fanning, Karen // Scholastic Scope;12/8/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p18
Presents guidelines on handling peer pressure faced by teenagers.
- How to say no! Campanella, Kerry // Scholastic Choices;Feb96, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p8
Presents tips for teenagers in saying no to peer pressure in the United States. Critical decisions made by several teenagers; Anticipation of difficult situations; Identification of a core group of friends to support positive decisions; Practicing of what to say in different situations;...
- The All New Winning Team. White, Kevin; Britt, Stephanie // Winner;Oct96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p14
Presents a comic strip about peer pressure in adolescence.
- Turing peer pressure inside out. Gartner, Audrey; Riessman, Frank // Education Week;05/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p36
Opinion. Discusses the issue of peer influence among young people. Effects of peer pressure; Reference to the results of research conducted by Laurence Steinberg; Calls for parents to be taught to solve their communication problems with their children; How peers have a negative influence in...
- Rejected Kids Who Don't Fit In. Gaskins, Pearl // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Discusses why teenagers are picked on and how peer rejection affects kids in the United States.
- Peer Pressure Protection. Meyerhoff, Michael K. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Discusses how parents can protect their teenage children from peer pressure.
- Do Substance Use and Delinquency have Differential Associations with Adolescents' Peer Relations? Maggs, Jennifer L.; Hurrelmann, Klaus // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Jun98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p367
Despite their potentially serious short- and long-term risks, developmental theorists have argued that risk behaviours may play important constructive roles in adolescent development. The present study hypothesised that adolescent substance use, but not delinquency, would be associated with...
- Silent no more. // National Catholic Reporter;4/15/94, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the campaign of Jacqueline Vaught to encourage young people to make good decisions instead of giving in to peer pressure. Death of Vaught's daughter in the hands of four teenage girls; Discussion on the details of the murder; Introduction of a public awareness program called `No...
- Ethnic variation in peer influences on adolescent smoking. Unger, Jennifer B.; Rohrbach, Louise Ann; Cruz, Tess Boley; Baezconde-Garbanati, Lourdes; Howard, Kim Ammann; Palmer, Paula H.; Johnson, C. Anderson // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p167
Previous research has indicated that the influence of peers on adolescent smoking may differ across ethnic groups. Although many studies have focused on African Americans, Hispanics, and Whites, few studies have included Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and multi-ethnic adolescents as...