Hospitals help to fund county health survey
Tags: HEALTH surveys
- Frequent-visitor status for 13% of Canadians. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;01/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p156
Reports on the results of the 1994 National Population Health Survey in Canada. Percentage of Canadians who frequently visits their physicians; Regional variation for frequent physician visitors; Example of chronic conditions experienced by Canadians.
- Yet another study--should you pay attention? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
Presents ways which can be helpful to individuals when deciding the value of health studies. Reference to the headlines of three newspapers pertaining to the findings of a research involving hot dogs; Questions which should be answered to determine the importance of studies. INSET:...
- Health care barometer. // AHA News;05/11/98, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p4
Presents results of the Kaiser/Commonwealth 1997 National Survey of Health Insurance and the Commonwealth Fund Survey of Health Care in New York City, 1997.
- What was the question? Althaus, Frances A. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p99
Examines how some items used in demographic and health surveys may be difficult for some respondents to understand as seen by female interviewers from the 1996 Nepal Family Health Survey. Some of the most frequently asked questions that respondents may find embarrassing to answer.
- NHANES research topics solicited for 1997. Smith, Sandra S. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p593
Informs that the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) is soliciting suggestions for topics to be considered in planning the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) for 1997. Address and information on submitting suggestions; Deadline.
- Improving representation of linguistic minorities in health surveys. Turner, Charles F.; Rogers, Susan M. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p276
Reports the results of a study designed to test the feasibility of using a multilingual audio computer-assisted self-interviewing (Audio-CASI) technique to include Spanish-speaking respondents in a brief health survey. Successful use of Audio-CASI with respondents; Reliability of Audio-CASI...
- America's Healthiest Cities. Horn, Clare // Natural Health;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p68
Presents results of a survey on America's healthiest city. Air Quality in Washington D.C.; Water quality in Seattle, Washington; Encouragement to restaurants serving vegetarian food. INSETS: WHAT WE MEASURED;HOW TO LIVE NATURALLY HEALTHY ANYWHERE;OUR HOLISTIC HALL OF SHAME.
- Dutchess Health 2000 releases facts on completion of health assessment. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/2/95 - 10/9/95, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p14
Reports that the Dutchess Health 2000 has released the findings of a recent survey conducted to assess the health habits of residents of Dutchess County, New York. History of the organization; Phases of the community health assessment.
- Low-fat foods=extra blubber? // Bicycling;Oct95, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey for the years 1988 to 1991. Mean weight gained by Americans; Number of overweight Americans; Fat content's limitation as a weight gain potential indicator.