- Equal opportunities. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p12
Presents news stories about discrimination in Great Britain work place. Settlement of sex discrimination claim by the Watford council; Ruling of an industrial tribunal about a senior car salesman, fired from work because he is Black.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p5
Presents several issues about discrimination in employment in Great Britain. Introduction of a national childcare strategy; British union leaders' call for German authorities to protect construction employees; Future labor shortages seen by a study carried out by University of Westminster for...
- The invisible minority. Welch, Jilly // People Management;09/26/96, Vol. 2 Issue 19, p24
Reports on how gay people are fighting legal battles for the same employment rights as women, ethnic minorities and disabled people. Prevalence of discrimination against gay men and lesbians at work; Clear legal requirements being needed for human resources departments; Countries with explicit...
- Plano, TEXAS. // Advocate;10/14/86, Issue 457, p27
Reports that a group of employees at Bell-Northern Research/Richardson (BNR) are working to change the antidiscrimination policies of Northern Telecom and BNR in Plano, Texas.
- Trust, communication prevent employment claims. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;05/04/98, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p26J
Examines the views of labor attorney Donald A. Phin, on insurance agents and brokers avoiding the risk of being sued for workplace discrimination or harassment. Statements from Phin; Importance of examining workplace relationships; Findings at the Insurance Marketing and Management Services...
- Black exclusions from construction work. // Black Enterprise;May84, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Our responsibility is to rid ourselves of those politicians who twist the law of the land, and to put into office those people who have a passionate commitment to equal opportunity.
- Internal investigations can void attorney privilege. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 109, p27
Cites the California Court of Appeals ruling on company investigations of internal discrimination. Details on the case of Wellpoint Health Networks Inc. versus Superior Court, involving an ex-employee of Blue Cross of California.
- Affirmative action in developing countries. // Commonweal;11/29/85, Vol. 112 Issue 21, p669
Affirmative action has this year provoked riots and violence that left more than 200 dead, hundreds more injured, and 10,000 homeless. Students and workers of the middle and upper castes have protested state laws that set quotas and provide preferential treatment for lower castes in government...
- Dealing with job discrimination. Malveaux, J. // Essence (Essence);May89, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p118
Gives advice on steps to take when fighting job discrimination.
- Hidden under benign, positive exterior may be secret sexual harasser. Smith, Richard P. // Insurance Advocate;10/26/96, Vol. 107 Issue 42, p22
Discusses the impact of the Michigan Supreme Court's decision in `Champion v. Nationwide Security Inc.' on the right of employees to sue employers for discriminatory practices. Unclear distinction between unlawful workplace discrimination and individual responsibility of employees to conduct...