Mosquito burger? Make sure it's fresh
- Biting back. Ward, Robert // Backpacker;Apr95, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p20
Presents a recipe for cookies by Larry Clifford of Crawley's Ridge State Park in Walcott, Arkansas using mosquitoes as a main ingredient.
- An acquired taste. // Sciences;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Discusses the culinary delight of eating insects or entomophagy. People who commonly eat insects and where they live; Number of insect species consumed regularly; Insects as real food; Nutritional value of insects; Entomologist Gene R. DeFoliart, professor emeritus at University of Wisconsin in...
- A matter of taste. Nichelason, M. // Cricket;Oct89, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p50
Discusses the history of entomophagy, the practice of eating insects.
- Yucky yummies. Dunn, Jerry; Menzel, Peter // National Geographic World;Dec97, Issue 268, p28
Presents information on cookery with insects. Reference to countries which eating insects were popular; Information on bug-infested recipes.
- Untitled. Sieveking, Paul // New Statesman & Society;4/30/93, Vol. 6 Issue 250, p55
Discusses the nutritional value of edible insects. `Why Not Eat Insects?,' by Vincent M. Holt; 1991 South African Nature Foundation conference with insect delicacies as appetizers; New York Entomological Society's Centennial Dinner in May 1992 which served ants and giant Thai waterbugs; Rodent...
- How to eat bugs. Wyatt, M. // Backpacker;Dec91, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p18
Discusses the use of insects as food. Insects as food in Mexico, Asia and Africa; Use by Native Americans; American bias against eating insects; Writer Vincent M. Holt's 1885 book `Why Not Eat Insects?'; Scientific research; Abundant source of protein; Recipes for grasshoppers and cicadas;...
- Chirps Ahoy! // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p19
Presents a recipe using insects as ingredients. Chocolate Chirpie Chip Cookies; Recipe of the Iowa University's Entomology Club.
- Insect Inside. // New Moon;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p24
Presents an article about eating bugs and other insects.
- They eat what? Churchman, Deborah; Menzel, Peter // Ranger Rick;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p34
Features cultures in several places where insects are eaten. Insects that are eaten by people in Bali, Indonesia; Procedure for cooking mopane worms in Botswana; Insect candies offered in the United States.