- FTC and DOJ modify efficiency provisions of Merger Guidelines. Busey, Roxane C. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p38
Reports on the revisions made to the Merger Guidelines issued by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice. Effects of the revisions to potential merger partners; Several points clarified by the modifications; Conclusion.
- Australia looking to shed more regulations. Dunstan, Barrie // Pensions & Investments;04/20/98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p16
Reports that a reform of legislation relating to company takeovers and fund raising, was proposed by the Australian government. Purpose of the reforms; Details on the key provision in the legislation; Insight on the reform.
- Cratered Deals Beget More Litigation Deal Pros Note the Trend, but Put It in Context of Current Market. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, pN.PAG
Discusses several legal issues related to breakup of merger and acquisition of corporations in the United States. Comments from several industry analyst on litigation related to merger deal breakups; Experience of several lawyers related to legal issues of merger deals.
- Rhode island gives Hasbro a hand. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p10
Presents information on the legislation implemented by Rhode Island, to protect unwilling targets, from shareholders, or hostile bidders, and the effect of the legislation on the proposed takeover of Hasbro Incorporated. Information on the proposed takeover by Mattel Incorporated; Indepth look...
- Acquisition law. // Reporter;Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the acquisition law in the United States, highlighting a number of cases. Removal of asbestos from two medical centers; Solicitation by the General Accounting Office.
- Acquisition law. Cavanaugh, William D. // Reporter;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
Presents information as it pertains to acquisition law in the United States. Information on the reminders for the legal community of the ground rules in handling conflict of interest with regards contracting officers (COs); What is required of COs by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);...
- Ohio adds muscle to anti-takeover law. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p11
Focuses on changes to Ohio's Control Share Acquisition Act, which are expected to protect companies in the state from hostile takeovers. Effective date of the amendments passed by the Ohio General Assembly; Comments by John W. Edwards, a partner at the Cleveland law firm of Jones, Day, Reavis,...
- Chinks in the armor? Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun98, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Editorial. Focuses on mergers and acquisitions in the United States with emphasis on state legislatures. Information on the state legislature in Georgia in 1997; Reactions to the acquisition of CoreStates Financial Corporation by First Union Corporation.
- State takeover legislation: The political defense. Mallette, Paul; Spagnola, Robert // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer94, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p15
Discusses state legislation regarding corporate takeovers. Difference of takeovers during the 1980s and 1990s; Consequences of takeovers for management; State takeover regulation; Nationwide profile of state takeover legislation; Implications and strategies for managers in the 1990s.