Name surgeon general for poor, prez told
- Uninhibited, unrepentant, and unstoppable. Gerhart, Ann // Biography;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p83
Profiles Dr. Joycelyn Elders, United States President Bill Clinton's surgeon general. Her family background and married life; How her association with the Clintons began; Health care services she fought for; How her views on sex and drugs affected her career.
- Surgeon general nominee. // Jet;09/29/97, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p5
Presents a photograph of President Bill Clinton with Dr. David Satcher at a press conference in Washington, D.C., where the president announced his nomination of Satcher for the United States' surgeon general.
- Clinton out of touch with values. // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p3
Criticizes President Bill Clinton's choice of doctor Henry Foster as surgeon general. Foster's affiliation with Planned Parenthood Federation of America; Foster as practicing abortionist.
- A Helping Hand. Brookes, Julian // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p15
Interviews former United States Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders about her insights into President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial over charges of sexual misconduct. Suggestion of Elders on the appropriateness of teaching masturbation to children as the main reason behind her removal from...
- Eager to turn legislative defeat into political gain. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 147, p2
Reports that US President Bill Clinton accused the GOP senators of aiming at taking away women's right to choose, by killing Dr. Henry Foster's nomination for surgeon-general. Release of the statement at a weekly radio broadcast hosted by Dr. Foster.
- Remarks following a meeting with Surgeon General-Designate Henry Foster and an exchange with... Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/29/95, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p900
Presents President Bill Clinton's remarks following a meeting with Surgeon General-Designate Henry Foster and an exchange with reporters, on May 25, 1995. Issues discussed in terms of the health challenges faced by the United States; Budget proposals; White House security.
- Remarks during a meeting with Surgeon General-Designate Henry Foster and an exchange with reporters. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/29/95, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p910
Presents President Bill Clinton's remarks during a meeting with Surgeon General-Designate Henry Foster and an exchange with reporters on May 24, 1995. Views on the social conditions in Bosnia; Pressure on China concerning human rights issues; Surgeon General nomination.
- LIFE AND DEATH IN ARKANSAS. Brown, Floyd G. // National Review;4/26/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p38
The article looks at the background of Doctor Joycelyn Elders, director of the Arkansas Department of Health and U.S. President Bill Clinton's nominee for the Surgeon General. As director of Health Department, Elders spends more of her time outside the office, giving talks within and outside of...
- Remarks on Surgeon General-Designate Henry Foster June 21, 1995. Clinton, William // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/26/95, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1094
Presents United States President Bill Clinton's June 21, 1995 remarks on the designation of Henry Foster as United States Surgeon General by the US Senate.