Seeking gun silence
- The Right Target. Higgins, Michael // ABA Journal;Aug99, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p98
Reports the need to put public safety first ahead of money, for cities and countries that have filed suit against gun makers in the United States. Concerns of Stephen Teret, professor of health and public policy at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland; Information on the...
- Tackling crime in the streets. Podgers, James // ABA Journal;Mar1994, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p104
Reports on the outcome of the American Bar Association's (ABA) Summit on Crime and Violence. Comment on the crime measures considered by the US Congress; Atlanta ABA President R. William Ide III's warning on political leadership; Speakers' comments on the status of crime in the United States;...
- Taking Aim. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Apr93, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p114
Reports on American Bar Association (ABA) President J. Michael McWilliams' call for stronger gun control in the U.S. McWilliams' comments during a press conference at the ABA 1993 midyear meeting; Endorsement of stronger federal gun control laws, including the Brady bill; Ban on sales of...
- Views of Our Readers. // American Bar Association Journal;Jun82, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p650
Presents letters from readers of the 'American Bar Association Journal' on articles related to law in the United States, published in the periodical as of June 1982. American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section's report on gun control; Proposals on antitrust enforcement; Affirmative action...
- ABA Report: Idaho's Delegate Braves the Cold. Ferguson, Deborah A. // Advocate (05154987);May2014, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p48
The article discusses the 76th Midyear Meeting of the American Bar Association (ABA) held in Chicago, Illinois on February 10, 2014. Topics include the address given by ABA President James Silkenat, the ABA's commitment to addressing voter inequality and voting rights in the U.S., and the ABA's...
- ABA in action. Podgers, James // ABA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p121
Presents various news and developments concerning the American Bar Association (ABA). New telephone number of ABA Service Center; Appointment of lawyer Mari Carmen Aponte as member of the Commission on Opportunities for Minorities in the Profession by the Hispanic Bar Association; Formation of...
- Notice by the ABA Secretary Regarding Election of Delegates-at-Large. Middleton, Jack B. // ABA Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p106
Announces that six Delegates-at-Large to the House of Delegates of the American Bar Association will be elected at the 2000 Annual Meeting. How the candidates for election are nominated; Method to be used in the tallying of votes; Sources of nominating petitions.
- The power and influence of the ABA. Sowell, Thomas // Headway;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the power and influence of the American Bar Association (ABA). One of the most dangerous powers that anybody can be given; Curse of most occupations in the United States; What the ABA is doing.
- American Bar Association. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p117
Presents a rationale from the American Bar Association Commission on Legal Problems of the Elderly concerning opposition to the euthanasia resolution in the United States submitted by the Beverly Hills Bar Association. Legislations supported by the Association; Reasons for the opposition.