- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p29
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Financial problems of Bay Medical Center; Provision of funds for flood recovery by the state Department of Housing and Community Development; Plans of Moody's Investors Service to increase bond financing.
- New Jersey incinerators. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service analyst John Moore and Chee Mee Hu's warning against New Jersey efforts to help counties that sold bonds for garbage-disposal facilities. Below-investment grade ratings to debt from the Atlantic County Utilities Authority, Pollution Control Financing...
- Buffalo Gets A Double Downgrade. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p1
Both Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on June 19, 2003 downgraded Buffalo, New York, leaving the western New York city's $465 million in outstanding bonds just one step above junk bond status. George E. Pataki would compromise on legislation creating a fiscal control...
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p9
Presents statistical information regarding competitive note offerings in the bond market of the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Issuer of the bonds; Amount of bonds; Expected time of sale of bonds; Ratings given to bonds by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p2
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Decline of import price index; Issuance of inflation-indexed notes by the U.S. Treasury Department; Plans of Moody's Investors Service to lower the issuance of general obligations bonds.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p34
Reports development in the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Bond ratings of Moody's Investors Service for Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the general revenue fund of Idaho; Approval for the library authorization.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p33
Presents information on the bond market in Far West states as of March 28, 2003.Alaska may need to issue more bonds to finance renovations at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport that will address security needs, growth, and cover cost overruns. California's former finance director Tim...
- Moody's says it did not get chance to offer N.Y. State its best pricing. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's reaction to New York State officials' decision to stop seeking Moody's ratings for appropriation-backed bonds. Company representatives' contention that they were never given a chance to match or beat their competitors' prices; State's assessment of the...
- Moody's warns of possible health care sector instability. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30352, p4
Details the warning from Moody's Investors Service Inc. that the intermediate future holds ratings volatility and heightened risk for the United States health care industry. Factors that will affect the financial performance of the sector; Projected improvement in the stability among nonprofit...