Two More N.Y. Deals on Tap, But Some Question Retail Appetite
- Market Post: Primary Stays Alive with Large Competitive Deals. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;11/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F343, p1
The largest deal of the week, the $850 million New York City Transitional Finance Authority may be complete, but the primary is still packed with a good amount of issuance scheduled for Thursday. Competitive deals are dominating the space, led by the$ 821.9 million Montgomery County, Md.,...
- Munis End Steady to Stronger as New Deals Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/14/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34544, p1
Top-shelf municipal bonds finished steady to stronger on Wednesday, traders said, as more new supply swept into the market, led by over $1 billion of volume from the New York City Transitional Finance Authority.
- Oakland Comes to Market in Effort To Restructure Pension Bond Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p5
Reports the decision of Oakland municipality in California to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Purpose for selling the bonds; Negotiator for the transaction; Adviser for the deal.
- Market Close: NYC TFA Pulls It Off. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;11/6/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34207, p1
The New York City Transitional Finance Authority's $850 million deal was oversubscribed in institutional pricing after two days of retail order that traders described as "rough."
- Muni Prices End Stronger as New Issues Hit the Screens. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34292, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed stronger, according to traders, as yields on some maturities fell by two basis points on the intermediate and long ends. In the primary market, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority deals were...
- Muni Prices Stable; Merrill Lynch Wins $1 Billion of California GOs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p2
Reports developments in the bond market of the United States as of May 2001. Performance of municipal treasury bonds; Trade activities of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Deal between the state of California and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Maryland GOs Withstand Market Selloff. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;3/7/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33873, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the first week of March 2013. She mentions that Maryland has come in the market with its gilt-edged general obligation loan deal amounting 680.6 million U.S. dollars which is one of the largest...
- NYCTA seeks to buy vacuum train for $9 million. // Railway Age;Jan94, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the plan of the New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA) to buy a five-car self-propelled vacuum train. Cost of the train; Train capabilities; Proposals from other firms; New York's subway litter problems; Other acquisitions of NYCTA.
- Workfare plans backed. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p50
Reports that the New York Transit Authority and its unionized workers support a plan to accept workfare recipients as subway cleaners. Comments made by a spokeswoman for Mayor Rudy Giuliani.