FERC: California Utilities Should Return Ill-Gotten Gains
- Consumers query big supplier profits. // Utility Week;11/20/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p8
The article explores the increased profits posted by utility companies in Great Britain during the second-half of 2009, which was immediately criticized by consumer groups and energy analysts.
- COMPARATIVE STATISTICS OF THE UTILITY MAXIMIZING FIRM. Auster, Richard D.; Silver, Morris // Southern Economic Journal;Apr76, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p626
Focuses on the comparative statics of profit and the utility maximizing firm. Assumptions of the intermediate level price theory; Description of economic reality; Survival of utility maximizing firms in long run perfectly competitive equilibrium.
- INCENTIVE PRICING AND UTILITY REGULATION: A COMMENT. Jaffee, Bruce L. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb72, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p143
Comments on an article which discussed the conditions under which it is profitable for a public utility to waste resources. Derivation of the relationship between wastage and profit; Equations considered for the analysis.
- INCENTIVE PRICING AND UTILITY REGULATION: REPLY. Cross, John G. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb72, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p145
Responds to a commentary about wastage and profit in public utility regulation. Discussion on an equation about price elasticity of demand; Details of mathematical analysis of the proposed derivation of the relationship between wastage and profit.
- Regulators confused on profit levels. // Public Finance;07/14/95, p4
Reports the existence of conflict on the measurement of shareholder profits between accountants and administrative agencies in Great Britain. Replacement of individual regulators with boards; Efficacy of methods used to measure profits; Reforms in the government regulation of privatized...
- Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply in Bulgaria - 2013: PROFITS. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Industry Profiles);2015, p18
The article assesses the profitability of companies in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply industry in Bulgaria in 2013 including the industry's net profit, operating profit per employee, and the top companies based on annual growth such as Energoni AD and Best Solar EOOD.
- Want MRO efficiencies? Choose the right suppliers. GILL, JARN // Utility Week;1/22/2016, p25
In this article, the author states that utilities companies have ongoing maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) requirements and processes need to put the right processes in place to create the efficiencies that translate to savings.
- PUBLIC UTILITY DEPRECIATION PRACTICES AND POLICIES. Brigham, Eugene F. // National Tax Journal;Jun66, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p144
Discusses the depreciation practices and policies of public utility companies in the U.S. Computation of profits reported to stockholders; Reservation for deferred taxes; Normalization of profits.
- Sewer transfer leaves companies in the dark. Colombini, Dan // Utility Week;5/27/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses concerns by water companies in England regarding the October 1, 2011 deadline for the transfer of public sewers and lateral drains. It states that all of these public utilities will become the responsibility of private firms in order to ensure updated maintenance and...