Ore. School Boards Set $850M Deal
- Negotiated Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;5/15/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33714, p15
A table is presented which shows the negotiated note offerings of various issuers in the U.S. including Gloucester Township in New Jersey, Oregon School Boards Association, and Middleton, Wisconsin for the week of May 14-15, 2012.
- New Mexico School Board Association meeting. // Navajo Times;3/19/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 11, pC-7
The article focuses on the New Mexico School Board Association Spring Region One meeting to be held in Farmington, New Mexico, on April 1, 2015, which will be attended by Gallup-McKinley County Schools Board of Education in New Mexico.
- MGISD School Bd Minutes from March Meeting. // Munday Courier (TX);3/25/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on several motions discussed at the meeting of the Munday Consolidated Independent School District (MCISD) Board of Trustees held at Board Room of the Administration Building on March 22, 2010 including the extension of girls basketball coach Curtis Smith, the re-employment...
- Probe of School Boards Group Expands in Iowa. // Education Week;3/31/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p5
The article reports that an investigation into alleged mishandling of funds by the Iowa Association of School Boards has expanded after U.S. Senator Tom Harkin requested examination of the group's running of a federally funded online learning and assessment program.
- The Lanklander named to Media Honor Roll by TASB. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the journal "The Lakelander" which was honored by the Aquilla Independent School District for the Media Honor Roll program of Texas Association of School Boards (TASB).
- Latest Threat to West Virginia Pension Bond Sale: Rising Rates. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p28
Reports the rise of interest rates of taxable pension bonds for the restoration of pension funds of the state in West Virginia. Details on the law for selling bonds; Prevention for the issuance of bonds to public officials; Approval of the proposed sale of bonds.
- West Virginia Lawmakers Delay $3.9B Bond Question for Lawsuit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Reports the postponement of the scheduled resolution to authorize the pension bond sale in West Virginia. Legislative concentration on the lawsuit to test the constitutionality of the bonds; Approval of the proposed sale addressing the unfunded liability in state retirement plans; Committee...
- West Haven, Conn., Readies $67 Million Pension Bond Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p3
Reports the plan of West Haven to sell $67.3 million in insured taxable bonds in Connecticut. Importance of taxable bonds in police pension fund; Status of the municipal bond deals; Increase of the unfunded pension liability.
- San Diego County Builds Flexibility Into Pension Bond Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p4
Reports the pricing of pension-obligation bond deals, structured to provide maximum savings and flexibility for the government in San Francisco. Combination of auction-rate bonds and variable-rate bonds; Accounts on the structure of pension bonds; Marketing of Series A bonds to traditional...