Damage limitation: keep the customer informed
- FurnitureFan queries kids consumers. Allegrezza, Ray; Anderson, Kay // Kids Today;Sep2002, p24
Reports on the results of a survey on performance of the juvenile furniture and accessories industry in the U.S. Retail outlets; Criteria for buying furniture; Budget. INSET: Methodology.
- Media has little influence on shoppers, say retailers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p4
Reports on the `Cabinet Maker' periodical's Retail Trends Survey of retailers on the factors influencing consumers' furniture purchasing decisions. Relative influences of word of mouth, price, television programs and magazines; Influence of media on retailers in the Midlands; Perceptions on the...
- AFMA members consider ways to make furniture buying easier. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p34
Discusses ways to maker furniture buying easier for the consumer. Improvement in service needs; Need for the industry to focus on design and value; Importance of imports to be competitive.
- Master BR high in survey results. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p22
Presents the results of 'Furniture/Today's' 2001 Survey of Consumer Buying Trends conducted in the United States. Interest of the respondents in the purchase of furniture for the master bedroom; Preferences of consumer groups in the survey; Income brackets of the households.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2008, Issue 5580, p8
The article presents answers to a question on the threat posed by the preference of consumers to buy furniture in supermarkets to the furniture industry.
- More boring statistics? Think again. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/13/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p41
Comments on the significance of the latest statistics on consumers' buying behavior on the business of the furniture industry in the United States. Need for the industry to pay more attention to demographic trends illustrated in the statistics.
- Who doesn't hate buying a love seat? Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;04/13/98, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the results of a survey commissioned by Advo on furniture purchasing behavior of consumers in the United States. Age differences in purchasing behavior; Factors considered when buying furniture.
- CULTURE CLUB. Tait, Allison // Australian House & Garden;Dec2001, Issue 12, p63
Focuses on the rise of the trend in designs for furniture in Australia. Increase in the consciousness for design among the Australians; Changes in the behavior of the consumers; Relationship between consumer behavior and personality theory.
- The new religion according to faith. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p27
Comments on key issues relevant to consumer behavior in the U.S. Factors that affect consumer behavior; Impact of consumer spending on the furniture industry; Implications on the furniture industry.