HoF says it's open to 'serious' takeover bids
- Sales jump at HoF. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the increase in the sales of the department store chain House of Fraser PLC in Great Britain.
- Christmas cheer is thin on the ground. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2002, Issue 5317, p4
Reports on the share bid of the furniture company House of Fraser from entrepreneur Tom Hunter. Details on the trading record of the firm; Increase of pre-tax loss of the company for six month operation; Prediction of stock market analysts on the operation of the firm.
- Select Content for HoF. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p4
Reports on the list of furniture retailers joining the Content by Conran show in Great Britain. Expansion plans of House of Fraser PLC; Floorspace allocations; Benefits of the show for the industry.
- House of Fraser sets a brand new approach. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p5
Reports on the House of Fraser's range of furniture for autumn/winter 2003. Plan of the chain to focus on the contemporary in its drive to be the best at brands; Upholstery from Vissers and Trend; Sales growth experienced by the company.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2011, Issue 5750, p11
The article presents news briefs on the furniture industry, including those on Ellis Furniture, supplier Arthur Brett, and House of Fraser.
- Flexsteel tender offer draws 92% of DMI common stock. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p70
Reports on the initial tender offering of upholstered furniture manufacturer Flexsteel in Iowa.
- Baugur Makes Bid For House of Fraser. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/28/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 41, p11
This article reports on the decision of a consortium led by Baugur to propose a bid for the acquisition of British department store chain House of Fraser. Baugur already holds a 9.5 percent stake in House of Fraser. It has joined with retail entrepreneurs Tom Hunter and Kevin Stanford in the...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p3
Presents news briefs pertaining to the furniture manufacturing and retail industries in Great Britain, as of February 2, 2001. British Shops and Stores Association's holding of a retailing course for managers; Opening of a store in Surrey, England, by House of Fraser PLC; Kitchen Specialists...
- Making space for the masses. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p3
Comments on the increase in the homeware sales of the furniture retailer Homebase Inc. in Great Britain. Increase in the floorspace in the stores; Benefits of the increases for the company; Investments of House of Fraser PLC.