National Standardisation Strategic Framework (NSSF)
- STANDARD-SETTING NEEDS GOVERNMENT SUPPORT. Worsley, Jack // Accountancy;Jun89, Vol. 103 Issue 1150, p5
Focuses on the need for the government of Great Britain to support standards in accounting. Rejection of the proposals of the profession by the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry; Costs of the changes in accounting process.
- Delight detector two years late. Littlefield, David // Building Design;4/12/2002, Issue 1528, p2
Reports on the postponement of the launch of the design-quality indicator from the Construction Industry Council (CIC) in Great Britain until May 2003. Amount of grant received from the Department of Trade and Industry; Number of design practices, consultancies and clients needed by CIC to test...
- DTI and IQAB are talking. // Accountancy;Sep98, Vol. 122 Issue 1261, p8
This article deals with the agreement between the U.S. International Qualifications Appraisal Board and the British Department of Trade and Industry to revive efforts to agree mutual recognition of accountancy qualifications between the countries. At one stage, the 3 institutes of chartered...
- HD into the film chain. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the role of the British Department of Trade & Industry Image Data Standards Group in resolving the disputes over high definition broadcasting standards. How the group was formed; Merits of the High Speed Data Link technology.
- Technical Summary. // Accountancy;Dec2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1312, p4
This article gives a technical briefing of some of the features and columns included in the December 2002 issue of "Accountancy." It summarizes the proposals and comments of the share-based payment issued by the International Accounting Standards Board. It is also provided that Financial...
- Abolition of small company audit. // Accountancy;May88, Vol. 101 Issue 1137, p35
This article focuses on a call by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for the abolition of the small company audit and for a declaration by directors to be introduced in its place. The call comes in response to proposals of the British Department of Trade and Industry for...
- STANDARDS. // Accountancy;Jun95, Vol. 115 Issue 1222, p101
The article cites developments pertaining to British accounting standards as of June 1995. There has been improvement in corporations' audit performance in reference to reports from accounting institutes to the Department of Trade and Industry. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England...
- Information technology: Government drive for common standards. Holmes, Geoffrey; Ward, Adele // Accountancy;Jun83, Vol. 94 Issue 1078, p40
Focuses on Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry's introduction of a newsletter, 'Focus IT.' Emphasis on standardization within the information technology (IT) industry; Existence of hundreds of standards which are applicable to IT.
- U.K. directors, auditors may get liability relief. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;1/5/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p17
The Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry is proposing a cap on liability for corporate directors and auditors. Also last month, the government introduced the Companies Bill, which contains corporate governance requirements similar to those in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act enacted in the U.S....