Work measurement program first of a small family of productivity systems
- First Data subsidiary creates payroll card for the bankless. Block, Valerie // American Banker;3/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 55, p10
Reports that NTS created a debit card program to help employees without bank accounts to get their pay. Marketing strategies; Acceptance of the cards at automated teller machines; Bundling with draft checks from Western Union.
- The Organisation in Ethnography — A Discussion of Ethnographic Fieldwork Programs in CSCW. Harper, R. H. R. // Computer Supported Cooperative Work: The Journal of Collaborativ;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p239
Ethnography is now one of the key approaches used within the CSCW community to specify the role of computer based systems in work practice. Yet what ethnography involves as a program of inquiries is only discussed in a piecemeal way in the literature. This paper attempts to make up for that...
- NTS launches new checkless payroll system. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;03/21/97, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p6
Reports on payment services consulting firm NTS's launch of a debit card called TransPay in Fort Worth, Texas. Offer of TransPay to businesses for dispensing employee payroll and commissions without issuing checks; First Data Corp.'s acquisition of NTS; Features of TransPay.
- NTS expands PRIDE FTTP network with first fiber customer in Iowa Park, Texas. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;1/11/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p13
The article announces that NTS, previously known as Xfone, expanded its PRIDE fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) network by connecting its first fiber customer in Iowa Park, Texas.
- NTS Connects First Fiber Customer in Abilene, Texas. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;06/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p3
The article offers brief information on the fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) Network service in Abilene, Texas from NTS.
- Software innovator gets the timing right. Walker, Kath; Gome, Amanda // BRW;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p75
Looks at how NTS came up with the idea of generic software for hand-held computers. How until recently only a few Australian companies knew anything about such computers; Managing director of NTS, Peter Mottlee; Who hand-held computers are made for; Where the idea of developing mobile computing...
- Diagnosing Workflow Processes using Woflan. Verbeek, H. M. W.; Basten, T.; van der Aalst, W. M. P. // Computer Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p246
Workflow management technology promises a flexible solution for business-process support facilitating the easy creation of new business processes and modification of existing processes. Unfortunately, today's workflow products have no support for workflow verification. Errors made at design-time...
- Greedy scheduling with custom-made objectives. Franke, Carsten; Lepping, Joachim; Schwiegelshohn, Uwe // Annals of Operations Research;Nov2010, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p145
We present a methodology to automatically generate an online job scheduling method for a custom-made objective and real workloads. The scheduling problem comprises independent parallel jobs and parallel identical machines and occurs in Massively Parallel Processing systems and computational...
- Building file-based workflows. Luff, John // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2009, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p108
The article discusses the significance of a workflow. According to the article, a file-based workflow concerns moving and processing versions of content for air and not about processing the original works. It is stated that there are some fundamentals that must be understood. It added that...