- Cognos Unveils Series 7, Version 2. // Database Trends & Applications;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p28
Reports on Cognos Inc.'s release of version 2.0 of Cognos Series 7, a business intelligence software program. Product capabilities; Key features.
- BI players tout user simplicity. Harreld, Heather // InfoWorld;11/4/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p12
Focuses on the efforts of business intelligence (BI) vendors to inject BI solutions with reporting tools that make analytics accessible to a broader set of users. Features of the Brio Performance software to be unveiled by Brio Software in November 2002; Background on Cognos' BI software.
- MAKING SENSE OUT OF DATA GLUT. Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2009, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on changes in the business intelligence (BI) market in the U.S. It details several market consolidations including IBM and Cognos and Oracle Corp. and Hyperion. It explores the different BI strategy of vendors. It cites the features of the BI in the Oracle Supply Chain and...
- BEATING INFORMATION MADNESS. Pickavet, Catherine // Government Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p62
Provides information on the BI Series 7, a suite of business intelligence (BI) tools from Cognos, used by the Information Systems Division of Albuquerque, New Mexico's Department of Finance and Administrative Services. Description of BI technology; Ways offered by BI technology to extract and...
- BI crowd extend data reach. Harreld, Heather // InfoWorld;10/7/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p14
Reports that business intelligence vendors in the U.S. have upgraded the designs of their product to help customers align business operations with strategic goals. Enhancements on Cognos' Metrics Manager; Features of Enterprise Guide 2.0 from SAS; Features added to MPC 5.0 of Comshare.
- Kognitio and Cognos link for rapid analysis. Lamb, Vickie // Data Strategy;May2006, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on a partnership between Kognitio and Cognos, which is aimed to provide their customers with fast analysis of multi-billion row datasets. Cognos, which specializes in business intelligence and corporate performance solutions, will fuse its Cognos 8 Business Intelligence with...
- BI Tools Launched. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;9/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p20
Reviews two business intelligence software. Business Objects Enterprise 6.1 from Business Objects; ReportNet from Cognos.
- Cognos/Fujitsu: soft on Japan. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;March 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p166
Reports on the partnership between Canadian software vendor Cognos Inc. and Fujitsu Ltd. to develop business intelligence software that both companies will initially target at the Japanese market for decision support. Goal of the alliance; Target market in Japan; Benefits of the partnership for...
- BI Vendors Need To Prove Their Wares Are Worth Buying. Taschek, John // PC Week;07/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p53
Discusses the business intelligence industry as of July 5, 1999. Cognos being the industry leader; Other industry companies including Microsoft, Oracle and Hyperion; The biggest problem with business intelligence.