- Trash talk over data disposed. Marks, Susan // Network World;12/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p55
Focuses on the part of making data disposal in the information management strategy. End to the strife between information technology and users over storage; Solution of automatic deletions at the end of a set retention period; Motivation of sound business reason in disposing data. INSET:...
- The search for media content. Greenspan, Hayit // TVB Europe;Dec98, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p44
Presents information on media asset management. Importance of advanced content filtering and archive tools; Importance of rapid retrieval rates; Description of systems which are needed.
- Long-Term Storage Alternatives. // Cryonics;Apr2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p15
A chart of long-term storage alternatives is presented including Alcor storage box, Cryonics Institute storage file vault, and MindFiles.
- So You Want to Implement Automatic Categorization? Lubbes, R. Kirk // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p60
Presents an overview of automatic categorization technology, an information management tool designed to assist enterprises in filing and retrieving electronic records they generate or use. Principal approaches of automatic categorization technology; Benefits and limitations of various...
- Content Management: Taming the Info Flood. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;8/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the problem of processing, categorizing and digitizing the unstructured information of various organizations in the U.S. Problem faced by Boston Capital Corp. (BSC), that develops real estate investment funds, in maintaining documents; Measures adopted by BSC in digitizing the...
- The Need for a Reference Archive. Lawrence, H. Andrew // AIIM E-DOC;May/Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p36
Discusses the benefits of reference archiving, a process of capturing an analog image of the electronic record and storing it on reference archive media, in information resource management. Maintenance of the processibility and availability of data; Importance of developing a lifecyle storage...
- Data storage and control are important for researchers. // Research Information;Apr/May2011, Issue 53, p5
The article reports on a study titled "What Researchers Want," commissioned by SURFfoundation, which revealed that important role that data storage and control play for researchers.
- Editorial. Miskin, Christine // Legal Information Management;Summer2004, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p89
This article introduces a series of article related to legal information management.
- Too hot to handle? McCullough, Don // Telephony;7/29/96, Vol. 231 Issue 5, p34
Offers a look at the reality of an Internet meltdown. Factors which give rise to Internet meltdown threat; Impact of increased data management demand on the Internet to network costs; Likelihood of a meltdown scenario; Recommended solutions for telecommunication companies to accommodate the...