- 'NKR to be separate entity from the FSA' Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p2
Reports on the role of occupational pension regulatory body New Kind of Regulator (NKR) in Great Britain. Separate entity of NKR from Financial Services Authority; Regulation of the conduct of trustees; Proactive and advisory approach adopted by NKR.
- Personal problems. Jones, Lee // Money Marketing;12/17/2009, p20
The article recounts the significant events in 2009 related to the pension industry in Great Britain including the new pension scheme of the Personal Accounts Delivery Authority, the delayed implementation of personal accounts and the launch of new industry body Pension Income Choice Association.
- Do we need two pension regulators? // Money Marketing;2/25/2010, p28
The article presents the views of insurance providers concerning the need of two pension regulators for final salary scheme and for conduct of business of pension scheme in Great Britain.
- Out in the cold. Lawson, John // Money Marketing;12/6/2007, p42
The author reflects on pensions guidelines in Great Britain. He states that the Government Actuary's Department (GAD) produced a report that shows the recommended rebate for defined-benefit, defined contribution and personal pension schemes. He also states that the recommended rebates are...
- Chicago Tries to Puzzle Out Pensions. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Weekly;5/5/2010, p1
This article reveals that a special pension commission in Chicago, Illinois has recommended an increase in contributions and policy changes to address the pension funding crisis. The proposals were criticized by several panel members as inadequate since there is a need for more dramatic action...
- Pensioners can now appeal to ombudsman. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;03/01/96, p6
Illustrates how local government employees can take actions against former employers on grounds of pension cuts according to a British ruling. Various Ombudsman ruling on pension cuts.
- Regulation of private pension plans in Europe. Kleiler, Frank M. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr71, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p33
Examines how governments in the European Economic Community countries regulate funding, vesting and investment of private pension plans and its implications for the U.S. Categories of private plans; Differences between social security and private pension systems; Government agencies concerned...
- Pada's default dilemma. Farrow, Paul // Corporate Adviser;Oct2009, p25
The article offers the view of pension advisers and providers on the role of default offered by the Personal Account Delivery Authority (PADA) to the pensions market. The author mentions that employees will view default as the benchmark fund to use. Roger Urwin also states that default is...
- Benefit fraud and error target is met. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;9/2/2005, p15
Reports that the Department of Work and Pensions is on course to beat its fraud and error target as incorrect and fraudulent benefit payments have been cut by 41% in Great Britain as of September 2005.