- Is there a fuel cell in your future? // Popular Mechanics;Mar92, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p12
Reports that engineers are building zero-emissions vehicles that carry fuel cells, which generate current when fed oxygen and hydrogen in the presence of an electolyte. Limitations of battery-powered electric cars; Problems which still need to beworked out; Details of the cells; Major fuel-cell...
- New research. // Public Roads;Winter96, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p53
Presents research studies related to transportation. Highway safety information management; Evaluation of flexible pavements; Long-term pavement performance evaluation.
- Editorial Notes. // Nordic Road & Transport Research;2012, Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the journal "Nordic Road & Transport Research," which is a joint publication of public transport and road research organization in Nordic countries such as Finland, Norway, and Denmark, and aims to distribute research news and results from the researchers and institutions.
- New guidelines for accelerating the use of innovative technologies by the highway industry. McComb, Richard A.; Larson, Daniel F. // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p5
Talks about the Applied Research and Technology (ART) Program for improving the durability, efficiency, environmental effects, productivity and safety of highway, transit and intermodal transportation systems. Priority technologies; Test and evaluation projects; ART Program scope; Application...
- Idaho consortium agreement signed. // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p39
Reports that the Idaho Transportation Department, Federal Highway Administration, Idaho Engineering Laboratory, and the University of Idaho have signed an agreement to form a consortium for advanced transportation research.
- Editorial notes. // Nordic Road & Transport Research;May2011, Issue 1, p2
The article presents publishing information and rules on "Nordic Road & Transport Research."
- The VTI Library and Information Centre participates in a new transport research database. // Nordic Road & Transport Research;May2011, Issue 1, p4
The article reports that VTI Library and Information Centre tested the TRID international transport research database at the yearly Transportation Research Board conference in Washington, District of Columbia in January 2011.
- Transport research jobs cut again. // New Scientist;6/25/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1931, p7
Focuses on the planned reduction of staff at Great Britain's Transport Research Laboratory (TRL). Reason for the cuts; Agency description.
- The Academic-Practitioner Interface Revisited: A Demonstrative Extension to Transportation and.... Hanna, Joe B. // American Business Review;Jan2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p109
Examines the interface between business practitioner and academician in conducting research in transportation and logistics in the United States. Need for enhancing practices in the transportation and logistics industry; Assessment of partnership behavior between academicians and practitioners;...