- Beware of rogue polls. Mularczyk, Chris // Warsaw Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p10
Focuses on the predictions given by Polish pollsters on the results of elections in Poland. Discrepancy in the presentation of the result during the constitutional referendum; Provision of a distorted picture on the European Union accession in Poland; Presentation of an erratic result during...
- Hot Spots: Cyprus. Belcsak, Hans P. // Business Credit;Sep2002, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p61
Focuses on the expectation that Cyprus is one of the ten candidates to have complete accession negotiations and is ready to join the European Union as early as 2004. Issue of how Greek and Turkish Cypriot communities can be given maximum independence and authority; Conflict with the principle...
- EU expansion faces crunch . Burger, Marton // Budapest Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p1
Reports the advisory of European Union Enlargement Commissioner Gï¿½nter Verheugen on the termination of expansion program. Termination of expansion application to candidate members and countries; Concern on the accession application of Hungary; Factors for the danger on the expansion...
- Price Convergence and the Readiness of the Czech Economy for Accession to the European Union. Janackova, Stanislava // Eastern European Economics;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p73
Focuses on the price convergence and readiness of the Czech economy for accession to the European Union (EU) countries. Correlation of the price level with development level; Role of price level in the preparation for EU accession; Price differences in the tradable goods sector; Implication for...
- Few are happy with EU proposal. // Warsaw Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the European Union proposal for funding mechanism in Poland. Details of the Polish European Union accession negotiation on subsidy rate for farmers; Criticisms over the EU proposal by country finance minister; Effects of the accession on Common Agricultural Policy reform.
- EU hikes aid at 11th hour. // Budapest Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Reveals that the European Union is close to sealing the admission in 2004 of ten new member states after increasing its financial offer to Poland. Decision of European Union to let Poland shift funds to its 2005 and 2006 operating budgets; Threats of Poland to hold up the expansion by leading...
- Money talks. // Budapest Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p21
Comments on the willingness of European Union leaders to yield to candidate countries, including Hungary, over different issues. Resolution of a dispute over what incentives Hungary has to offer large investors.
- Watch out for the Access to Medical Treatment bill. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Jan/Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on growing support for an Access to Medical Treatment bill proposal in the US Senate which will legitimize off-beat medical services in a manner similar to dietary supplements.
- Replacing the Estate Tax with a Reimagined Accessions Tax. TEITELL, CONRAD // Trusts & Estates;Feb2010, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p53
The article reviews the article "Replacing the Estate Tax With a Reimagined Accessions Tax," by Joseph M. Dodge, which appeared in a 2009 issue of the "Hastings Law Journal."