- Is a non-debtor's guaranty adequate protection? Ragland, Stephen W. // Business Credit;Jan1994, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p38
Discusses the protection given by a non-debtor's guaranty of a debtor's indebtedness in the context of a debtor's use of cash collateral in a reorganization case. Broad concept of `adequate protection'; Protecting the creditor's security interests; Sample cases; Options offered to creditors by...
- Annual survey of fidelity and surety law, 1997--part I. Linder Jr., Charles W. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p124
Part I. Presents a roundup of cases which covers public and private construction bonds, fidelity and financial institution bonds, and sureties' remedies. Subcontractor's pay applications constitute adequate evidentiary basis for award under Miller Act; Colorado allows bad faith action against...
- Upstream and cross-stream guarantees: Traps for unwary lenders. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/07/97, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p31
Cautions against the legal issues and concerns associated with upstream and cross-stream guaranties. Absence of assurance that an up-stream or cross-stream guarantee will be enforceable; Legality of ultra vires issues; Commercial view that an assailable guaranty is better than none; Important...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p2
A correction to two articles on the possibility of Congress to grant optional federal charters for financial guarantors, and on Government Finance Officers Association support for a proposed legislation is presented.
- Don't make promises lightly. Dwyer, Maurice // Management Today;Mar98, p100
Presents information relating to the signing of personal guarantees. What is a personal guarnatee; Who receives them; Information on a bank guarantee.
- Price and Time Competition for Service Delivery. So, Kut C. // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Fall2000, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p392
Many service firms use delivery time guarantees to compete for customers in the marketplace. In this research we develop a stylized model to analyze the impact of using time guarantees on competition. Demands are assumed to be sensitive to both the price and delivery time guarantees, and the...
- Guarantees need serious thought to prevent undoing work. Neff, David M. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/3/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 10, p10
Reports issues on personal guarantees for conducting business in hotel industry. Impact of guarantees on negotiating leverage; Use of springing guarantee in securitized loans; Importance of financial statements in business operations.
- Enterprise Finance Guarantee extended. // Commercial Motor;11/26/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5359, p49
The article reports that the Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG) has been extended to cover payments for invoice factoring and overdraft facilities in Great Britain.
- Accepting personal guarantees. Bon, Gordon // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the legality of personal guarantees for credit arrangements in Great Britain. Definitions; Contract details; Grounds for avoiding a guarantee or indemnity; Satisfaction of the formalities in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 agreements.