- Code on privacy is simplified. // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the simplification of the third part of Great Britain's Employment Practices Data Protection Code, which tackled workers' privacy rights. Reason for the move; Information on the plan to make the code available to small businesses.
- Data protection. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p125
The article discusses the Data Protection Act of 1988 in Great Britain and its impact on employers and employees. The legislation calls for the protection of employee's personal details held in the personnel or human resources department. It also calls for sensitive data to be processed or to be...
- Secrets out. Arkin, Anat // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p26
Reports that British employees will have rights of access to all personal files kept on them by their employers under the implementation of the 1999 data protection directive. Implementation of the directive across the European Union; Aim of the directive for privacy protection for employees;...
- HR poll on access to interview notes. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p1
Presents several comments on Data protection code on recruitment and selection which give job applicants the right to read interview notes. Citation of misconstrueding the notes; Reluctance of human resource directors on the recruitment code; Importance of privacy in interview notes.
- Protecting Employee Data Globally. Roberts, Bill // HR Magazine;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p83
The article discusses global privacy issues. Employers in Germany must keep track of each worker's religious affiliation because businesses support churches through payroll deductions. But in France employers keep track of the sick days each worker takes because companies get tax credits for...
- New appointment delays launch of final data codes. // Personnel Today;11/12/2002, p3
Reports on delay of the publication of the final two data protection codes of practice on monitoring and medical records by the Information Commission due to the appointment of information commissioner in Great Britain.
- ONE FOR THE RECORDS. Harper, David // People Management;7/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p20
Focuses on issues related to employee data protection in Great Britain as of July 2002. Information on the Data Protection Act of 1998; Factors that led to the increase in the number of subject access requests by employees; Proposals to produce a code of practice for employers. INSET: KEY POINTS.
- OVER THE RAINBOW. Seward, Karen; Fahy, Sheila // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p19
Focuses on the implementation of the data protection code on workplace monitoring in Great Britain. Features of the code; Reaction of employees to the implementation of the code; Benefits of the code to employers.
- Jetzt Kundendaten rechtssicher machen. // Textilwirtschaft;8/16/2012, Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the higher protection of employee and customer data that exists in Germany since September 1, 2009. A brief description on the law, and a list of problems are presented. Also included are solutions for these problems, and the updated laws concerning customer loyalty cards...