- SMP to distribute U.S. list of U.K.'s Bloomsbury. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the London-based publisher, Bloomsbury, is launching a ten-title list of books in the United States in the fall of 1998. Agreement with St. Martin's Press to handle sales; US operations to be run by Alan Wherry, founding director of Bloomsbury.
- Publishing Industry Profile: United Kingdom. // Publishing Industry Profile: United Kingdom;Jun2010, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...
- Bloomsbury Profits Up; Banking On Potter With Scholastic. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in 2004. Increase in profits; Total revenue; Number of pre-orders for the book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Bloomsbury Publishing On the Up and Up. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the profit posted for Bloomsbury Publishing in 2004. Pretax profits and sales earned; Remarks from Bloomsbury's chairman Nigel Newton on growth targets; Details on successful books launched by the publisher; Expected business direction of subsidiary Bloomsbury Kinderbucher.
- Bloomsbury shows a healthy profit. // Printing World;9/30/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in Great Britain. Profits accumulated by the company in the first half of its financial year; Total earnings from sales of the phenomenal success of the five Harry Potter books; Influence of the Holiday rush on the...
- Potter profits to keep Bury Blooming. // Printing World;7/1/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Bloomsbury Publishing is expected to produce a growth in profits after a buoyant first six-months' trading. Pre-tax profit forecasts; Publisher of the blockbusting "Harry Potter" series; Paperback version of "Order of the Phoenix" expected to lift sales.
- Looking for a Few Good Houses. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the potential increase of merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. publishing industry in 2005. Acquisition of the Walker Publishing company by the Bloomsbury company; Increase of foreign investments in the country; Factors that could result to more merger and acquisition activity in...
- New entry tries new publishing model. Murphy, John // Research Information;Dec2008, Issue 39, p18
The article reports on the plan of Bloomsbury company to move towards open-access business model. It states that the company aims to publish books that can be freely downloaded from the Internet under a Creative Commons licence for non-commercial use. It notes that the idea behind the model was...
- Social Sciences & Humanities. // EventDV;May2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of May/June 2012 on various topics including Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals, expansion of Accessible Archives Inc. and partnership between Bloomsbury Publishing PLC and Publishers Communication Group.