Book Publishing Report
- Homegrown. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep2005, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p8
Presents an introduction to the September 2005 issue of the journal "Quill & Quire."
- WHEN BIGGER ISN'T BETTER. WOODS, STUART // Quill & Quire;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p6
The article presents an introduction to articles published in this issue including "Indigo's co-op conundrum" and a starred review of the novel "Glass Boys."
- Report on book publishing in N.Y.C. looks to future. Reid, Calvin; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/4/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 27, p13
Presents the results of Manhattan Borough's study on the economic and social issues impacting on the book and magazine publishing industry in New York City. Number of people employed by the industry; City's traditional advantages for the industry; Issues studied; Recommendations for the...
- Combatting Differential Pricing of Journals. R. M. D. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov85, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p267
Editorial. Comments on the issue regarding differential pricing of periodical subscriptions in 1985. Reason for the differential pricing of journals; Impact of the high prices imposed by a group of publishers on periodical budgets; British publishers which announced a moratorium on increasing...
- Murder, He Wrote. Kachka, Boris // New York;2/9/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the pronouncements of editor Bill Keller on overhauling the journal "The New York Times Book Review" in the U.S. Assertion that the periodical should be more adversarial toward the book business; Defense of Keller about his statements; Comment of other editors on the issue.
- @Deadline. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan2001, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p10
Covers issues related to print media as of January 2001. Market growth of narrative nonfiction publishing; Update on companies involved in book trade; Launching of several periodicals. INSETS: It's no accident: Brits love serendipity;Gao wins Nobel Prize;50 years ago.
- Book/Periodical/Newspaper Wholesales (NAICS 42492). // World Industry & Market Outlook Report;2015, p1
Several charts on establishments, employment and sales totals for book/periodical/newspaper wholesale industry across 45 of the largest countries in the world in 2015, are presented.
- Editor's Note. Qamber, Rukhsana // Pakistan Journal of American Studies;2008, Vol. 26 Issue 1/2, preceding p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the screening process employed by the publication and the impact of losing the key assistant of the editorial team.
- Culinary Book Fair. // Warsaw Voice;Jul/Aug2015, Issue 7/8, p22
The article offers information on the Culinary Book Fair to be held at the Center for Contemporary Art in Warsaw, Poland from July 24-26, 2015, in which celebrity chefs, restaurant owners, culinary bloggers, cook book authors and editors of food magazines, will participate.