As War Rages, Some Authors Already Victorious
- THE NEW IRAQ (Book). // Kirkus Reviews;3/15/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p436
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The New Iraq: Rebuilding the Country for Its People, the Middle East and the World,' by Joseph Braude.
- The New Iraq: Rebuilding the Country for its People, the Middle East, and the World (Book). R.S.W. // Middle East Journal;Summer2004, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p532
Reviews the book "The New Iraq: Rebuilding the Country for its People, the Middle East, and the World," by Joseph Braude.
- Building on Sand? Baram, Amatzia // National Interest;Fall2003, Issue 73, p133
Reviews the book "The New Iraq: Rebuilding the Country for Its People, the Middle East, and the World," by Joseph Braude.
- The New Iraq (Book). James, Russell // North & South;Jul2003, Issue 208, p101
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The New Iraq,' by Joseph Braude.
- War: A time for tomes? Bing, Jonathan // Variety;4/14/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 9, p43
Reports on the impact of the U.S.-led war with Iraq on the sales of war-themed non-fiction books in the U.S., as of April 2003. Best-selling books; Upcoming books about wartime experiences; Expectations from bookstores and publishers.
- Hell Is Over, Voices of the Kurds after Saddam. Rubin, Michael // Middle East Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Reviews the book "Hell Is Over, Voices of the Kurds after Saddam," by Mike Tucker.
- Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Books On Iraq. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Presents statistical figures on published books about Iraq as of April 4, 2005 in the U.S. Total number of books in print; Number of books on the first Gulf War published in 2002; Books published or announced for publication about Iraq and the war.
- Vets' Tale of Iraq Advance. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p24
Presents an update on book deals regarding the 2003 Iraqi war as of May 19, 2003. Book by a pair of U.S. Marine veterans bought by Bantam Dell for publication; Iraq war book deal forged by Harper's David Hirshey; World rights deal made by Holt publisher John Sterling with reporter Rick Atkinson.
- THIS IS BUSH'S WAR. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1022
Comments on the U.S. war with Iraq which started in March in 2003. Assessment of U.S. public support for the war; Casualty rate; Criticisms on the decision of President George W. Bush to declare war against Iraq; Factors that boost public support for the war.