E-Textbooks and New Corporate Training Program at UOP Online
- Hermosillo students earn UOP degrees. // Inside Tucson Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p25
Announces the graduation of college students under the distance learning program of the University of Phoenix in Arizona. Combination of Internet-based education and personal classroom attendance; Degrees earned by the graduates.
- Desktop degrees. Levine, Shira // Telephony;05/26/97, Vol. 232 Issue 21, p50
Presents information on the online degree program of the University of Phoenix, Arizona. Beginning of the program as an alternative distance education medium in 1989; Number and description of students; Scheduling flexibility; Credibility of an on-line degree.
- University of Phoenix eyeing Yuma campus. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;04/26/99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Discusses the possible expansion of University of Phoenix into Yuma, Arizona. Feasibility study on the proposed expansion; Courses to be offered at the Yuma campus; Technology education at the Yuma campus; Potential contribution of University of Phoenix campus on the community.
- For-profit college studying state site. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;5/22/95, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p3
Reports that the University of Phoenix, Arizona, has submitted an application with the state of Michigan to set up an affiliate. State presence; Options to acquire the charter of the defunct Jordan College; Comments from industry executives.
- University Of Phoenix Offers Students 'Second Chances.' Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 31, pB4
Reports on Arizona-based University of Phoenix's plan to construct a campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Project features; Courses offered at the university; Typical course for an undergraduate.
- The University of Phoenix Way. // Distance Education Report;3/1/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
The article informs that the University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona model of online course delivery does not grant the individual instructor the flexibility that many institutions give faculty members, but the experience offers other rewards. According to Muhammad Betz, professor and department...
- More working adults opt for distance learning. Irwin, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p13
Reports on the growing number of working adults who are turning to distance learning to acquire new skills without having to interrupt their busy careers. Communication technologies used in distance education; Distance learning programs of the University of Phoenix in Arizona; Emergence of...
- University of Phoenix and other leading programs select Convene to administer online classes. // T H E Journal;Mar98, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p19
Highlights the use of Convene International's Convene software for the successful online degree program of the University of Phoenix, Arizona. Platform for The Home Education Network (THEN) educational service; Convine's sophisticated messaging features which support the university's adult...
- University of Phoenix opens Nogales campus. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p11B
Focuses on University of Phoenix's establishment of a permanent campus in Nogales, Arizona. Response to an increasing interest in work-force development from the Sonoran maquiladora industry; Potential role in linking southern Arizona's and northern Mexico's economies.